At the library

Oh great. Here we go again. I am glad I didn't need that book behind her. I would have been like, "Ummm, excuse me miss, your boob is right next to Great Expectations. Do you mind if I grab that?"

You were actually given fair warning at the beginning of the thread, before the pictures. And yet, you chose to jump in and say this, because expressing your opinion, again, is the most important thing in the world.

It is OK.

You never did do that shot I asked about. Larry Fink's 'Joan's Breast Milk'

It is OK.

You never did do that shot I asked about. Larry Fink's 'Joan's Breast Milk'

You'll have to send me the photo! I googled and found nothing.

Oh great. Here we go again. I am glad I didn't need that book behind her. I would have been like, "Ummm, excuse me miss, your boob is right next to Great Expectations. Do you mind if I grab that?"

You were actually given fair warning at the beginning of the thread, before the pictures. And yet, you chose to jump in and say this, because expressing your opinion, again, is the most important thing in the world.
Are you letting me know that my opinion expressing minutes are expired?????

Are you letting me know that my opinion expressing minutes are expired?????

Actually we are running a special this week.
If you buy 3 week's worth of opinion-expressing minutes, you get the 4th week free.

To get back on the subject of pictures.
My opinion follows.
If straight talk bothers, don't read any further.

Even though the subject is a personal one, as pictures go, I think these are not well-exposed, framed or composed.

#1 - I think this is the best posed but with the glare from the windows washing so much of the color out, the blue of the shirt is so strong that it is essentially almost a selective color shot. - and not a particularly flattering or emotion filled nursing mother. Reading the book makes it seem very contrived.

#2- What's the need for the really OOF books on the side? They don't add except to take up space and the shelf clips the bottom

#3 & #4 are just family shots. Her plump arm and white shirt make the most impact and there's nothing really to look at in #3
#4 could be cropped down to something more but it looks way blown out to retrieve much.

9554383763_0fe741956e_oll.jpg~original

9554388105_e3b3177c3b_klll.jpg~original

This is one of the most unusual threads I've seen on this forum.

I can't really give much critique useful critique because I'm not exactly sure what to critique other than exposure and composition and whatnot, which has already been covered.

And by that, I mean that I don't really k ow what makes a breast feeding photo flattering. I honestly do not know.

I'm not a fan of these, not because of the subject but because of technical flaws and the library setting.

I'm not really making the connection between the subjects and the library setting; I think outdoors would have suited these photos much better. I'm also in agreement with pretty much everything the_traveler critiqued about these. The shot with her holding the art of breast feeding book seems incredibly contrived to the point that the obviousness of it takes away a lot from what could have been a natural looking portrait. I also feel that the voyeuristic nature of the second shot does not create a good feeling for this shot. It seems like someone spying on her rather than any sort of beautiful moment. To be honest, having it set in the library really makes the entire series seem very voyeuristic.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the comments! We had hoped to shoot outdoors but our temps have been in the 116/117 range the last week or so. It's awful outdoors right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back