At The Pier. Please C & C

NWK04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone....here's a photo taken at the Newport Beach.
Please C & C.......thanks!!

4265201756_06ce604263.jpg

Hi.

The subject looks like it could be good, but to be honest, the photo is blurry and dark. Can't hardly make out what's going on except for a light pole, the sky and some water.

It's hard to shoot at night, I know. Try using a tripod with a longer shutter speed, higher ISO and a remote or timed shot to prevent camera shake.

Keep working at it, and post more shots. Looks like you've got a good eye for it, just need to learn the camera (like me! Well, I'll admit I have to learn the camera, but I'm not convinced my eye is a photographic one)

At Rekd: Looks to me like the hand rail on the right is in focus. I don't think this shot suffers from camera shake. The DOF is just shallow and in an unusual place.

I think you're right. It is still a bit dark though. Some lightening would make it better. And a higher aperture would help focus things a bit more. This isn't really the kind of shot you want a lot of DOF on I don't think.

Rekd, looking at this photograph on a different computer, I completely agree. It's too dark. It looked a lot lighter on my camera LCD and home computer.

Anyone know why this is, and how to fix?

BTW: Thanks for the rest of the comments.

Rekd, looking at this photograph on a different computer, I completely agree. It's too dark. It looked a lot lighter on my camera LCD and home computer.

Anyone know why this is, and how to fix?

BTW: Thanks for the rest of the comments.

LCD screens tend to be adjusted for maximum brightness and not matching the accurate brightness of the camera. A software calibration using one of the choices in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro will give you an idea of how far off a particular screen is, and then you can decide whether it is worthwhile to consider the purchase of a hardware monitor calibration gizmo.

skieur

Just calibrated my monitor. Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Back