At the Roundhouse

fotomonkey

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took the family on a little day trip to Savannah, GA and visited the Georgia State Railroad Museum. I've just started getting into trains and this was a great trip. If you're ever in the area it's a very affordable, fun, and educational attraction.

These were all in what remains of the original roundhouse. It originally housed up to 37 engines or other cars. Still playing around with the conversion techniques and trying to figure out which works best. Hope you like these.

#1 The Coal Car
DSC_0041.jpg

#2 The Steam Locomotive
DSC_0978.jpg

#3 #30 Front
DSC_0983.jpg

Nicely done. Very appropriate processing, and great images. That's a really cute little ALCO!

I think #2 wins it for me, hands down ... the only thing I have with it is, is that mechanism to frame right. Even sacrificing the symmetry (or even implied symmetry) of the front plate of the locomotive ... if we could either get in closer or crop to that battered, aged texture in the iron, and the graduated glow from right to left.

Nicely done, sir! :)

Cool images !
Toronto's Roundhouse was turned into furniture store... What can I say. :BangHead:

Thanks guys. Kerry, lemme crop that for ya. :) Better?
DSC_0978-tight.jpg

I didn't think to ask about the ALCO. It was much smaller than I expected. The diesel we rode was a 40-ton.

timor, that's a shame. It's really a nice setup here. They load you on the train (engine and one car) and actually spin you around on the turntable to send you down the track. After they explain that part of the old rail yard it's back to the turntable and you're off onto another track to head over to the old coach and paint shop. Two of the four roundhouse walls were torn down when CSX bought it and basically put Central of Georgia out of business. It had to have been huge in its day. I'll try to get some interior shots posted later.

A couple more roundhouse shots.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Where's Thomas?

Yes, I know; he's on another thread.

Trust me, I heard the theme song more than once. My 9-y-o was determined to get it stuck in my head. :D

Most reactions

Back