At the Theater

ADavis85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some more urban exploring brought me to this location. This is a theater within the largest of 13 buildings here.

DSC09476-2 by ACDavis85, on Flickr

EXIF Data:
Sony a100
18mm
30Sec
f/4
ISO: 100

C&C Welcomed, as always. Thanks for looking.

It looks a bit dull and muddy in the middle tones.
The stage, which should be the center of interest is pretty dark.
Is this the National Park Seminary Historic District at the old Forest Glenn Annex near the District line in Maryland?

Yeah, the stage is dark, somewhat intentionally. I like the darkness (in both senses of the word) in this scene. The Chairs in the foreground and even middle are brightened with some quick flashlight painting, but the stage was intentionally left darker...I dunno, I just like it that way...I don't really know how else to explain it.

As for the location, it was not any National Park. If you are interested in the location itself (to explore it) message me, and I'll tell you where it is. Not that I don't want to share...but it's one a few places still left (almost completely) un-vandalized. Probably, mainly, due to the difficult access.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. This was also a pretty quick edit, but I liked the way it looked. I might play around with it again, to see what else I can come up with.

Sorry...this is not an impudence... i wanted to see more of the theater.. i tried to add some light... i know you like it as such... only for an evaluation i did that

:D

Sorry...this is not an impudence... i wanted to see more of the theater.. i tried to add some light... i know you like it as such... only for an evaluation i did that

:D
i think light should have been somewhere in between ;)
I see what you mean, this definitely brightens the room, and (maybe it's just me) makes the theater seem bigger. But, comparatively, (and I know you said you only did this so that you could see it better) the darker shot, IMHO, adds to the 'mystery'. I'm biased, I'm sure...but anyway, thanks for taking a look, and I'm glad you like it (assuming you do).

It's an interesting shot, i'm not 100% sold on it , but it's cool
Thanks for the compliment!

Frequency said:

I'm not even sure on that point...

I really think that the location has a ton of potential. I'd love to get in there and explore the photographic possibilities.

I like where you are going with this image, although you didn't make it to the destination. I feel almost as if you've included too much for this view point. I'd love to see more images of that cinema broken down into smaller sections or simply shot from a different angle.

As for the technical aspects of this image, I think it is a little flat and could use some contrast but then again it really depends on what look, as the artist, you are aiming for.

You are definitely on the right track though, keep shooting.

Frequency said:

I'm not even sure on that point...

I really think that the location has a ton of potential. I'd love to get in there and explore the photographic possibilities.

I like where you are going with this image, although you didn't make it to the destination. I feel almost as if you've included too much for this view point. I'd love to see more images of that cinema broken down into smaller sections or simply shot from a different angle.

As for the technical aspects of this image, I think it is a little flat and could use some contrast but then again it really depends on what look, as the artist, you are aiming for.

You are definitely on the right track though, keep shooting.
Thanks very much for the advice! It's funny that you mention more contrast...I usually add a lot of contrast, just my style I guess, but wasn't happy with adding too much here. Although, I am going to re-edit this photo...just to play around with different results. Maybe if I spend more time on it, I can make a heavier contrast edit work (for me).

As for breaking the theater down, I see what you mean. Or even maybe a tighter composition on this shot? We are planning to go back to that site so maybe I'll try a few more things in here. If you're ever in the MD area, message me, especially if you enjoy this type of photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back