Atop Cherry Creek Dam. What do you think?

robert4818

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. The Rockies over Denver
l_8ca3a97ee26ad7a27b8c6b351f4d78fb.jpg

2. Cherry Creek Resevior reflecting the morning light.
l_2a1649d6690ec0527b02e855274c52e1.jpg

3. Another Shot of Cherry Creek Res.

l_44f9ddcc94c5df8d0bc11df1b70a2889.jpg

I envy you your light - so clear a bit different to a wet January day in UK!

The judges would say a little too much burnt out in No 2 - but pictures are for enjoyment not competition!

Well, if I may be one of "The Judges" that Fangman is mentioning here, I also say "too much sky" about the first photo here. It makes me want to look DOWN, further DOWN please, and just a little MORE all the time, but where there is what I (also) want to see, the photo has long ended. I do like the mountain range, but not the huge amount of featureless sky, no matter how wonderful its blue colour!

As to the second: that almost hurts my eyes, so I feel quite consoled by the third. I would still wish we were looking further down and there'd be less sky in the third, too, but at least there is (part of) that "frozen" marina to be looked at, with its repeating piers (?) or jetties (?) or quays (?) (help: which one is the right word here???), and I do like "repetition" as a element in photography.

Well, if I may be one of "The Judges" that Fangman is mentioning here, I also say "too much sky" about the first photo here. It makes me want to look DOWN, further DOWN please, and just a little MORE all the time, but where there is what I (also) want to see, the photo has long ended. I do like the mountain range, but not the huge amount of featureless sky, no matter how wonderful its blue colour!

As to the second: that almost hurts my eyes, so I feel quite consoled by the third. I would still wish we were looking further down and there'd be less sky in the third, too, but at least there is (part of) that "frozen" marina to be looked at, with its repeating piers (?) or jetties (?) or quays (?) (help: which one is the right word here???), and I do like "repetition" as a element in photography.

Well with 1 I have to agree. Unfortunately, with the range of equipment I had, that was the best zoom I could do. I was pearched on the wrong side of a dam, that I wasn't supposed to be climbing on. Between me and the other side was a road that I had to crop out of the picture :(

The second....to me, the bright reflection caught my eye in the photograph. I'm not exactly sure why, but I like it. But the part that you are seeing is actually what you would get if I had continued picture 3 over to the left. :(

I'm going to try to get closer to the mountains this weekend, hopefully I will be able to get some better shots before I run out of light.

----

Fangman I'd offer you a months trade if I could. I've always wanted to visit the UK. There's so much there to photograph. At this time of year in colorado everything is either white or brown for the most part around me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back