Attempting Flower Photo

BlackDog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got bored tonight and decided to try some flower shots. This is my favorite of the bunch taken at ISO 100 f/32 30 sec. Used a fluorescent lamp with some wax paper taped across the front of it and small silver reflector across from it.

C&C/Advice highly appreciated!

1220732785_APrFT-XL.jpg

You achieved soft, almost shadowless lighting through a combination of flouorescent lighting, diffusion (wax paper diffuser), and the silver reflector. In fact, the lighting is so soft, and so shadowless that I think it kind of hurts the final artistic effect; the only shadows we see are at the very bottom edge of the water droplets. I think a small amount more shadow in the lighting would have helped define the water droplets, while also maintaining the nice color of the flower. Still, this is pretty decent work,especially with do it yourself lighting equipment. I think eliminating the fill-in from the reflector would probably be enough to give the droplets more definition as to shape.

Derrel- I tried it again without the reflector but I don't think it made too much of a difference. Maybe I should try to find a different light or maybe try bare bulb?

1220759685_vuYau-XL.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back