Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

ShutteredEye said:
Hmmm, I thought we were looking into public transportation? And if not that thought we were planning on renting a van or car or something? I'd be up for chipping in on that....

There had been a little banter back and forth about renting a car or a van...I'm all for chipping in and sharing..I'd much rather do that that than rent one alone. One big thing that worries me is....we'll be arriving at Dulles at about 11am Friday...if Erik and I were to rent our own car, get checked into the hotel and all that...I don't think there is any possibility of us getting to the capitol tour on time. We're really REALLY wanting to go on that, too. I think the van is a great idea...but...who else is staying at that hotel?? If it's just Erik, me, Jeff, and Robert, then a car would be fine, wouldn't it?

So...lets get some names here! Who is staying at the Marriott, and who is going to need transportation?

Hahaha if i ever have the chance to meet u i must spent 2 days flying to DC and back and will be very jetlagged..
:lol:im at the other side of the world:hugs:

ShutteredEye said:
I'm staying at the Marriott, sharing a room with Jeff. I can look into renting a car if need be, but I'd prefer to chip in with someone else.

Well, if no one else that's staying at the Marriott needs a car, the four of us could split one...but you guys are getting there a day before us..would you guys be able to do the actual renting, and we'll put in our share?

Aubrey and I are driving and we've got Terri, Brad, Chase and Mrs. Chase in our truck (plus ourselves and the baby).

core_17 said:
Well, if no one else that's staying at the Marriott needs a car, the four of us could split one...but you guys are getting there a day before us..would you guys be able to do the actual renting, and we'll put in our share?

That sounds like it could work. I'll PM Jeff and see what his thoughts are.

Let me tell you once again that the Schleiffers shall arrive at Washington DC, or Arlington first, respectively, on that very Friday, 7 April, at some point in time during the day (we'll only be leaving NYC in the morning of that Friday), by rental car, and we'll first book ourselves into our hotel, the Days Inn Arlington, 2201 Arlington Blvd. in Arlington, Tel.: 703-525-0300.

From there we can go into Washington by Metro, but I am sure we won't make it in time for the Capitol Tour (which is a pity but can now no longer be helped).

So what is going to be the next meet-up point. Where?
And when?

That has not been planned yet, but India would one day - in a faraway future - be the place to meet, I think. But we will all have to save and save and save and save for that, and since you always wish for new photographic equipment the further you develop, the harder it is to save and save and save and save... see?

LaFoto said:
That has not been planned yet, but India would one day - in a faraway future ....
wooooohooo.. love ya corrina :hugs:
someday yes... and i shall make it to one of the uk meets in the near future!
you guys have a great time in DC :D

Mansi said:
wooooohooo.. love ya corrina :hugs:
someday yes... and i shall make it to one of the uk meets in the near future!
you guys have a great time in DC :D

Hopefully I'll be able to make both of those as well! I'd love to see India through your eyes Mansi!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back