Attitude and Bubble Gum

Ja ja well it's your show but honestly I would never allow a girl I was photographing to wear sunglasses under any circumstances. In the shot you present the principal thing she would have going for her (and the principal draw of a viewers interest) would be her eyes. I don't think many would care to accept a bubble as an "interest" surrogate. At least I wouldn't.
If this were a more traditional portrait, I would agree with you 100%, but as this is clearly a fashion image, I think the concept works well, given that it's equally improbable she would be there in an open leather jacket with her bra showing; I don't think there's any issue here with 'points of interest'! :lol:

I prefer the second image to the first. The revised third image is so small and low resolution that I cannot give an opinion on it.

Ja ja well it's your show but honestly I would never allow a girl I was photographing to wear sunglasses under any circumstances. In the shot you present the principal thing she would have going for her (and the principal draw of a viewers interest) would be her eyes. I don't think many would care to accept a bubble as an "interest" surrogate. At least I wouldn't.
If this were a more traditional portrait, I would agree with you 100%, but as this is clearly a fashion image, I think the concept works well, given that it's equally improbable she would be there in an open leather jacket with her bra showing; I don't think there's any issue here with 'points of interest'! :lol:

Thanks for understanding - I feel the same way!

I prefer the second image to the first. The revised third image is so small and low resolution that I cannot give an opinion on it.

Thanks for the input! But there is no third image. The "third" image is just the second image again, in the thread instead of embedded in the OP.

You state that there is no third image. But there is, actually, a third image! One, two, three images. And you introduce the third image and you call it, "a similar image". It is a low-resolution file.

Re-edited, re-worked,or redone, whatever--the fact that there are three photos means that yes, there _is a third image_.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.PNG
    IMG_0330.PNG
    159.9 KB · Views: 136
I like the second image. The first has just enough of the blue background on the edges to be a distraction to me, not enough to frame the image.

I like the suggestion above of red rim light. If you can recast it as red light reflection on the jacket I think it would better.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

You state that there is no third image. But there is, actually, a third image! One, two, three images. And you introduce the third image and you call it, "a similar image". It is a low-resolution file.

Re-edited, re-worked,or redone, whatever--the fact that there are three photos means that yes, there _is a third image_.

You are right. There is technically a third image. But it is the same as the second image, as I said I edited the OP to include it. In inserted is as thumnail there, but as non-thumbail in OP. Not sure why it would be lower resolution upon clicking, but sorry about that.

I like the magenta, but it is a bit bright on her. Helps put her in the scene (I’m assuming that she has been placed on the background as a composition)

The thing that detaches it for me is the reflection. It appears those are made of another image that doesn’t have the same color cast lighting. The magenta would wash into that scen a bit going forward I would think....maybe?

Alright, here is another shot, where I've changed the gel to more of a reddish color. Two different crops. Thoughts?

Catie Kilmury Urban Fashion - Daryll Morgan Studios-5.jpg Instagram Catie Kilmury Urban Fashion - Daryll Morgan Studios-5.jpg

I like the red, prefer the looser crop, but still prefer the second shot posted here.

Alright, here is another shot, where I've changed the gel to more of a reddish color. Two different crops. Thoughts?

View attachment 167493 View attachment 167494

I like the red effect much better.
Somehow I keep coming back to the tighter one. Not sure why, almost like there is something missing and I cannot figure out why. Therefore, I would give the edge to the tighter crop, even though normally I would prefer the looser crop.

Tim

I prefer the more tightly-cropped,second image...it has more "immediacy" than the more loosely-framed image.

Most reactions

Back