Austin Hotel Views

Harris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I spent part of last weekend in Austin, and was a able to get some late night shots off the balcony (wife wasn't too keen on the idea of me running around downtown Austin at 3am by myself).

So I decided to try long exposures and have to say I came away with what is by far my best photo to date.... feel free to C & C as I know I still have a long way to go, but what an amazing feeling to have captured the shot I wanted!

Anyway, here's my favorite:

IMG_0142_2.jpg

Close runner up for favorite was this one, I was really trying to get the "streaking" headlights effect.

IMG_0107.jpg

And just another angle from the same vantage point: (not too happy with this one)

IMG_0148_2.jpg

So, what do you think?

I always wanted to do a blur effect image with car lights but haven't tried. :( No faith in myself that it will come out right. You did really well, I see the effect, the second shows it best. Your wife loves you... she did the right thing.

Being born and raised in the Austin area, I say you would have had fun and seen some interesting (drunk) people at 3am :lol:

#1 would be my favorite too, good shot. Good job getting the streaking lights in #2, but the parking lot of cars is kind of dull to me. Too bad there wasn't more traffic to get the same effect in the 1st shot.

Most reactions

Back