Australian Colonial Farmhouse.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, found this old farmhouse in Victoria here in Australia. It is derlilict condition and only the land is used for farming. Thought I might share with you all and would appreciate any cc on the pic, thanks.

farm_house_.jpg

Thanks rjackjames, it does look lonely, I dont think any one has lived in there for a long time. Thanks mate.

This shot shouldn't work, by the conventional guidelines of composition. The horizon is at the half line. The main subject, ostensibly the farmhouse, is centered.

Yet, this is an image that works well. Besides being perfectly exposed, I think what makes it work compositionally, is that the curving path draws my eye first to the trees that are at the one-third line toward the right, whose canopy is at the one-third of the vertical. And from there my eye goes to the farmhouse.

Thank you. Great image, and I've learned a lot from it.

Thanks John and TT, apprciate your comments. John, I learnt alot from your comments in regards to the composition. Thank you very much.

I like the pathway that leads to the house.

Interesting subject :)

It actually looks underexposed to me, but it's a nice shot.

Great pic! too bad the house is so run down, looks like it would be nice if it were restored.

Thank you very much for the comments. I was hoping the exposure was right, had put a lot of work into learning how to get it right and shooting in Raw. C6 I think the house is past the restoration from what I could see however I am sure it could be done:) Thanks Tek, appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back