Auto Focus. Automotive Art

Jeatley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is what I have been working on and it has been opening new doors. Combining my two loves. Custom Autos and Photography. Latest was an impromptu session with Josh Borne from the XGames.
JB-7454.jpg

JB-7350.jpg

JB-7438.jpg

I like the second image a lot but the background takes away from it. If it was completely clean, no fences or people, this would be poster material. First one, background overpowers what you were looking for. Last one I like, although the image doesn't look sharp, or there is a bit of movement. I'd keep working on this kind of thing, you will find a small market for it.

What is so important about the jacket in the second image?

I like the second image a lot but the background takes away from it. If it was completely clean, no fences or people, this would be poster material. First one, background overpowers what you were looking for. Last one I like, although the image doesn't look sharp, or there is a bit of movement. I'd keep working on this kind of thing, you will find a small market for it.

Thanks, We are working right now on numbers to set up a formal shoot. This one I had to work with what we had. He was preforming a show and I tried to get the cleanest background possible for the area we were in. We also had to worry about wet spots on the ground because it had been raining. The third shot is one of my favorites even though your are right and it does show a little motion. But I really feel that it is an action shot and it is ok.

What is so important about the jacket in the second image?

What is the question? It is one of his sponsors. I think you are asking why did I do the selective color. I did it because everything else in the shot is gray tones. Red is the only bright color.

Oh ok, while I am not crazy about the idea of saving a photograph with selective color, I'm sure his sponsors would love the image!

i like it. while i never used selective color in my own editing, i like it in this photo. i dont think it saves it, i think its a good photo regardless of selective color or not. i guess i could go for a little less saturation on the red, but it might make it look pink

I do have it in the file with 3 different edits. One desaturated. one normal color and this one. I just like this because honestly the other colors in the image barely show anyway.

JB-7349.jpg

Here is almost the same shot in all color. And the Jacket was that red!

Here is another image that was for Rat Rod Magazine.
AFweb-616.jpg

Great shot man! I don't like selective colouring but it it make whomever you're affiliated with happy then great! But me personally when I see selective colouring it makes ones image look tacky/cheesy.

I do like the color version much, much better. But I am sure the guy's sponsor will go ape over it. Bear in mind that they blue-cyan sky is making the red look redder, and to compensate this with selective color you may need to add more yellow and/or red to the colored portions. It also appears that some of the red, especially on the frontmost arm, may have been desaturated as well.

That would have been great to shoot at night but the car show was on a base and they said we had to be out by sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back