Automotive photoshoot

Evo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did kind of an impromtu photoshoot so the location isn't the best. The power poles and lines are distracting. (I may clone them out later). Let me know what you think.

#1.
EvoX3.jpg

#2.
EvoX4.jpg

#3.
EvoX5.jpg

#4.
EvoX6.jpg

#5.
EvoX7.jpg

#6.
EvoX8b.jpg

#7.
EvoX-1.jpg

#8.
EvoXHDR2.jpg

#9.
EvoXHDR3.jpg

#10.
EvoXHDR4.jpg

#11.
EvoXHDR.jpg

Last edited:
sun seems a it harsh, and also.. don't crop so close to the car.

Not really feeling any of the HDRish pictures.

I think they look pretty good other than the lighting, as said its a bit bright. I love HDR so I don't mind the look at all. New MR's are very nice as well, too bad they don't come with a manual!

Thanks for the feed back guys. I am going to do another shoot at a better time of day.

I am a manual trans kind of guy myself but the dual clutch transmission in this thing is crazy. It is amazing!

Thanks for the feed back guys. I am going to do another shoot at a better time of day.

I am a manual trans kind of guy myself but the dual clutch transmission in this thing is crazy. It is amazing!

Yea I know, for an auto its as good as it gets. I own an Audi/VW tuning shop, we've done a few GT30R upgrades on the new 2.0FSI VW's which come with DSG which is the same as whats in the MR. VW sold the rights of the design to Mitsubishi. If you look on your window sticker under where the parts are made, for Transmission it says : Germany ;)

I am a huge fan of pretty much any turbo car though, Ive always liked the Evo 8 and 9's, just never could stand the interior. The 10's are a HUGE improvement for sure!!

Not to threadjack but here's my baby

DSC02584_2_3.jpg

Beautiful car man. Out of curiosity. How are the DSG trannys holding up with the increased power?????

I actually liked the first 6 or 7, the last few don't do much for me with the tone mapping.. but the first ones i actually thought were pretty good lighting wise.

Beautiful car man. Out of curiosity. How are the DSG trannys holding up with the increased power?????

They hold perfectly fine upwards of 400whp, over that you will start to slip the clutch packs, the oil pressure combined with the clutch pack material won't provide enough clamping force. There is a company called HPA http://www.hpamotorsports.com/ that makes upgraded clutch packs and upgraded software for the DSG transmissions. With the combination of the two upgrades, they are good for 600whp+

Check this out if you want to see the internals of the tranny, this is a customers car we are working on, a MK5 VW R32 which only comes DSG, it has both HPA tranny upgrades and will be in the 600-700awhp range when its completed in a few weeks. Scroll down, its about halfway down the page

http://www.1552v2.com/blog/21/21.html

They hold perfectly fine upwards of 400whp, over that you will start to slip the clutch packs, the oil pressure combined with the clutch pack material won't provide enough clamping force. There is a company called HPA http://www.hpamotorsports.com/ that makes upgraded clutch packs and upgraded software for the DSG transmissions. With the combination of the two upgrades, they are good for 600whp+

Check this out if you want to see the internals of the tranny, this is a customers car we are working on, a MK5 VW R32 which only comes DSG, it has both HPA tranny upgrades and will be in the 600-700awhp range when its completed in a few weeks. Scroll down, its about halfway down the page

http://www.1552v2.com/blog/21/21.html

Very Interesting. I was under the understanding that VW's DSG and Mitsu's SST were made by different manufactures. From what i understood the Evo's SST is a closed case and cannot be serviced. If that is false then that's good news for me :lol:

Very Interesting. I was under the understanding that VW's DSG and Mitsu's SST were made by different manufactures. From what i understood the Evo's SST is a closed case and cannot be serviced. If that is false then that's good news for me :lol:

Look on the window sticker, see who makes that tranny ;) The aluminum block is more of a problem regarding power!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back