AUTOMOTIVE - Your Car Photography

6514369889_3b4e573e3e_z.jpg

6579090833_6865414b59_z.jpg

6565148125_d3423b211e_z.jpg

I am too, infact those pics were for events I covered for my automotive site....I've got TONS more pics if you want to look at them, way too many to post up here though...

here's Speed week 2011 on the salt flats images: GM Truck Central Speed Week 2011

and here's the main page for all the SEMA and AAPEX 2011 show pics (as well as some from the imperial palace auto collection): GM Truck Central SEMA 2011

this year I'll be at speed week, and sema again, but I'll also be covering several more shows like Hot August nights, Autorama by motortrend, and some others...

SEMA is a blast, its mainly a trade show so there are a lot of vendors and such, but pretty much everyone builds or brings vehicles to show off their products or services, its also fun to see the concept car unveilings... its industry only so you need to have a reason to be there to get admittance, I get to attend on press credentials, and everyone there LOVES the press because they get to show off all their project cars and products and stuff to the public...

Speed week is unlike any racing event you've ever been to. its so completely laid back and relaxed. The vehicles are racing against themselves and records, so its not like any head-to-head competition...they're just trying to go as fast as they can...they let everyone go pretty much where ever they want, pits, starting line, etc...and there are some strange and interesting vehicles there, pretty much everything is done by hobbyists, amateurs, and families so everyone is super friendly, and they love sharing what they've done....I'm lucky I live about an hour away from the salt flats, so its really convenient for me to go.

SEMA is a blast, its mainly a trade show so there are a lot of vendors and such, but pretty much everyone builds or brings vehicles to show off their products or services, its also fun to see the concept car unveilings... its industry only so you need to have a reason to be there to get admittance, I get to attend on press credentials, and everyone there LOVES the press because they get to show off all their project cars and products and stuff to the public...

Speed week is unlike any racing event you've ever been to. its so completely laid back and relaxed. The vehicles are racing against themselves and records, so its not like any head-to-head competition...they're just trying to go as fast as they can...they let everyone go pretty much where ever they want, pits, starting line, etc...and there are some strange and interesting vehicles there, pretty much everything is done by hobbyists, amateurs, and families so everyone is super friendly, and they love sharing what they've done....I'm lucky I live about an hour away from the salt flats, so its really convenient for me to go.

I have a buddy putting a salt flats car together, so I will probably come out with him once it is done..sounds a lot like the atmosphere at the Rally America races that I crew for (a friend's Mazda factory sponsored MX-3).

cool! yeah, bring a hat and sunscreen, you'll need it....also bring a folding chair or 2, maybe a small canopy, they don't have any stands or anything so most people setup a small canopy or something on the side of the track somewhere...also a portable radio of some kind, that is how they announce everything.

do you have any pics from the rally ameria races? sounds like they're pretty cool too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back