Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think?

f/11 @ 1/50s
iso200
Fallcolors1.jpg

f/5.6 @ 1/250s
iso200
Photosynthesis.jpg

#1 again. I like the way the illuminated leaves look against that deep blue sky- in #2, the leaves seem too dark.

Thank you for the comments.
Actually, both shots were taken on the same tree, but different angles. The #2 is indeed quite cluttered, but I liked the fact that the lit leaves were so bright compared to all the other ones.

Just out of curiosity, both were taken with a Nikon D50 and a 30 year old Nikkor 28mm f2.8 MF!

Thanks again,
Pedro.

I really like the first, but I would consider a tighter crop on both to accentuate the bright leaves.

I think cropping out the left of the first one to about the vertical branch (the one that splits near the top) would place more emphasis on the illuminated leaves, though this one seems quite nice either way, and I would consider cropping the second closer to the branch vertically speaking.

I would be glad to show you what I mean visually so that I could compare with the originals if you would be alright with it.

(...)
I would be glad to show you what I mean visually so that I could compare with the originals if you would be alright with it.

Thank you for the suggestions. Please go ahead and crop 'em! =)

Most reactions

Back