Autumn colours in Kokorinsko

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

one super-boring shot taken nearby today with 35mm - I've recently seen some vid on youtube where a fellow professional photographer shared, that 35-50mm is absolutely unfit for a landscape photography and that it produces the most boring shots .. So I am here with this

full

I don't have a time in past few months for photography, we're awaiting a new kid that will come out in next few weeks so I have to substitute at the home also the other roles which my missus usually do ..

This is my first landscape photo (and I am afraid that last) this autumn :D .. it's boring, it's nothing special ... but for me it's the only one, first this year

cheers, ~d

Last edited:
You'll soon have a lovely wee bairn to take plenty of photographs of. Best get your portrait gear in order.😉

You'll soon have a lovely wee bairn to take plenty of photographs of. Best get your portrait gear in order.😉
it's our 3rd :D so my kido-portrait-desire got kinda saturated in past years, instead I wanna escape alone to the hills and woods to let the calm and silent peace come and fill my entire body ... LOL, you know, there's no way I can get these in home :D

it's our 3rd :D so my kido-portrait-desire got kinda saturated in past years
Ah, but you'll soon get the desire back once the wee pet arrives.

Reactions: ntz
-

No "over" anything… just sweet tones! :encouragement:
Actually I am more critical to it ... colour tones are much below average, they are rather severely crippled because I was working with only one underexposed shot (otherwise the sky will be blown out) .. Normally when I am out and taking a "serious" landscape shot I am using triped and I am *always* using a bracketing .. This was just casual handheld shot and I had to recover the ground from dark photo like this (this is unmodified out-of-camera JPG for reference - I was working ofc with raw - at least you can see how awesome dynamic range my D7200 has ...)

Good recovery that.

Good recovery that.
Actually this is a Nikon's standard and default picture format ... which is accenting highlights terribly much and darkens shadows even further, so actually Nikon AI virtually eats the half of the DR in photo .. it's somehow optimized on well lit scenes that doesn't require a lot DR, there they look better because it adds a contrast, but the AI is stupid and applies the same algorithm also on DR demanding scenes .. I still prefer for a multiple reasons to always shoot with standard settings and not with Neutral (flat) profile

for example the Fuji camera's x-trans sensor does it very different and it's very funny to compare both brands how they are doing same thing so differently .. know your gear is the rule here that pays off

Last edited:
I don't know photography as well as you, can't speak on your technical level but I do know what I like so I'll just keep it simple and say I like the scene itself and the dof. Looks like a place I'd love to walk around in.

• Love
I don't know photography as well as you, can't speak on your technical level but I do know what I like so I'll just keep it simple and say I like the scene itself and the dof. Looks like a place I'd love to walk around in.
Kirk, I am shooting seriously a bit over one year :D ... I am photography puppy .. I started in covid .. and I had a relatively lot of time thanks to what was happening to learn a theory during the lockdowns .. So please, don't tell anything like that .. It ashames me like if I gave you some wrong information about myself ... yeah, I had multiple cameras in past, since my 18 for 20+ years, but I was never thinking about photography, about composition, about technical matter, I was just casual vacation and family shooter ;), nothing more ..

Kirk, I am shooting seriously a bit over one year :D ... I am photography puppy .. I started in covid .. and I had a relatively lot of time thanks to what was happening to learn a theory during the lockdowns .. So please, don't tell anything like that .. It ashames me like if I gave you some wrong information about myself ... yeah, I had multiple cameras in past, since my 18 for 20+ years, but I was never thinking about photography, about composition, about technical matter, I was just casual vacation and family shooter ;), nothing more ..
Whether you meant to or not you acquired some knowledge along the way and that's not a bad thing. :wink-6:

It's a nice enough shot for casual, so you did a good job with it. You could tweak the contrast, but the comp is nice, and it looks like a nice place.

Most reactions

Back