Autumn Forest Nymph

Well, you had me hooked at redheaded. :D

But now, after reading the other posts, all I can think about is:
How on earth did the mother manage to hide behind that rock???? That is NOT a very big rock.

Well, you had me hooked at redheaded. :D

But now, after reading the other posts, all I can think about is:
How on earth did the mother manage to hide behind that rock???? That is NOT a very big rock.

haha!! It actually dips down behind her! She's sitting up on a little mound of dirt so she's laying flat on her side reaching up with her hand on baby's back.... now you can go back to being hooked at redheaded lol!!

Awesome shots! I think the second one would be a slight bit better if the super bright top section was cropped out though. That way the brightest part of the picture is the highlights on the baby.
Thank you. I was going for airy and artistic sunflare on that second one. I can crop it down piece of cake!

I think it would work better if the kid was brighter. He's relatively shadowed, so the first place my eyes go are the super bright highlights at the top

Maybe I'll play with a combination of darkening the top and brightening the baby.

Even with mom behind the baby, being on the ground where she maybe couldn't get to him fast enough if the baby started to pitch forward, I'd get creative and think about other possibilities for this type shoot. You wouldn't want the baby to accidently go face first into the stones below.

I wouldn't put a baby in or on anything that you otherwise wouldn't put the child in or on, to take photos. If of course an adult is holding the baby that's different.

Even with mom behind the baby, being on the ground where she maybe couldn't get to him fast enough if the baby started to pitch forward, I'd get creative and think about other possibilities for this type shoot. You wouldn't want the baby to accidently go face first into the stones below.

I wouldn't put a baby in or on anything that you otherwise wouldn't put the child in or on, to take photos. If of course an adult is holding the baby that's different.

Thanks for your concern.

And truly, at the risk of sounding calloused about the safety of children (remember I have 5 of my own) If I have her on the ground, she could pick up a small pebble and place it in her mouth and swallow it before mom could get to her. Heck, I could have her on the ground in my studio and she could try and stand up and fall and bonk her head, I could put her on a pile of pillows to keep everything nice and soft, and she could put her head down and smother herself. Heaven only knows if her mom has the baby in a crib with slats farther than 2" apart. I am sorry, but there is absolutely NO way to keep children safe 100% of the time, and EVERY precaution was taken to keep this beautiful baby safe. I am confident in my work and my efforts in safety in my photography.

I would love to see you post some of your work.....

Most reactions

Back