What's new

Autumn Impressionistic Chaos

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After some feedback on the couple I posted yesterday I decided to throw caution to the wind and post the more chaotic shots from yesterday ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!















 
I like this one much better! I still find myself wishing for more river though.

Why you no like river? :grumpy:

____

Oh I see, posting more images after I comment to make me look foolish ;)

I think I like the second one the best! :mrgreen:
 
Lol! Thanks Tiller, I have nothing against more river! Honest! To get more river in these I need a taller vehicle (or to sit on the roof of the van and Mr Rabbit says no *pout lol*)
Railings are always in the way :(
 
Thanks Sharon :)

I quite like the second too, looks like strong wind to me :)
 
#2 :thumbup:!
 
Second one! Totally!! I love the third too, but wow.
 
The first two are winners! :D
 
Nice! The point of impressionism, though, is that one gets an impression OF something, and the first one is the only one that really does that. It feels like fall. The other two a nice abstracts, though!
 
Wow, thanks all!

A big thanks to my Bunny Manaheim for reminding me to be true to what I'm doing, I admittedly was being conservative ;)

Andrew, thanks for the clarification, I should just stop trying to pigeon hole them into a genre myself and let others take care of that lol ;)
 
Nice! The point of impressionism, though, is that one gets an impression OF something, and the first one is the only one that really does that. It feels like fall. The other two a nice abstracts, though!

Please explain how #2 and #3 are not impressionistic?

Because I get an impression from them (grass foreground, wheatfield? blowing in the wind... sky background)... as I am sure others do also. #3 less so because of the more extreme blurring... but still... I would consider it impressionistic rather than abstract.. as it IS identifiable (river ,creek, waterway surrounded by trees and brush)

Impressionism: Impressionist painting characteristics include relatively small, thin, yet visible brush strokes, open composition, emphasis on accurate depiction of light in its changing qualities (often accentuating the effects of the passage of time), ordinary subject matter, inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience, and unusual visual angles. Impressionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Abstract: Abstract art uses a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world Abstract art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (I tend to think of Abstract art as being unidentifiable... which coincides with the definition presented)
 
Loved #2
#1 was great, but I would have liked it if the tree could stand out more. Maybe more of a contrast from the background...
#3 not so much
 
I think you really have something with number 1. The motion blur "makes sense" and is pleasing to the eyes. The impressionistic sense of trees and grass work because you're not limited by a one direction pan/blur. It has a painterly look, and it's a successful suggestion of a scene. The art doesn't get in the way of the subject, like in the other two.

I don't like the other two nearly as much.
 
Nice! The point of impressionism, though, is that one gets an impression OF something, and the first one is the only one that really does that. It feels like fall. The other two a nice abstracts, though!

These are not really impressionistic. If anything, these are more akin to the type of works done in the Fauvist style of working, and are much more Fauvistic than they are impressionistic.

"Mrs. Rabbit, you wild beast, you!"

(lol...the reference makes sense if one knows what the Fauves were...)
 
Thanks so much for your thoughts all!


Derrel, after a quick google I'll reply with....

Rawr!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom