autumn: little friends

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took theese yesterday, on Saturday morning. I drove to the woods with my friend at 9 am, we wanted to get some nice morning sun and last mist. the light was awesome and we met a few little friends:
1. taken at 300 mm
IMG_3282.jpg

2. also taken at 300mm but I was 3 steps back :)
IMG_3277.jpg

3. and the little one, not very fond of posing:
IMG_3169.jpg

love number 2, great shot

and its not often you see a photo of a squirrels bum :lol:

wonderful morning light, nice shots.

Very nice captures... I am noticing just a slight off-color tone to them though... can you tell me what settings you were using?

You did well in wanting to capture the early light. Today this light was around an hour earlier :D ...

And of all the birds I ever managed to photograph on one of my rollerblade tours, it was a robin that posed for me (just a little, and in a much more hidden position than yours here). They don't seem to fear humans as muc has (all!) other birds seem to do (or do in my case :irked: ;) :biggrin: )

Well done, I really like the two robin-pics!!!

Orgnoi: what do you mean by off - color? flat? WB was set on auto because I moved often from shadows to lights and the squirel shot was slightly improved in PS (shadows)

Corinna: thank you for naming the bird for me.. I had no idea that it was robin... now I have even less idea on how it may be called in Polish :D

I love the colour of these shots.
You are lucky to get a shot of a Red Squirrel. In England they are very rare, I was lucky to see 2 a couple of weeks ago when I was on holiday but by the time the camera was focused they had disappeared into the treetops.

mentos_007 said:
Orgnoi: what do you mean by off - color? flat? WB was set on auto because I moved often from shadows to lights and the squirel shot was slightly improved in PS (shadows)

Corinna: thank you for naming the bird for me.. I had no idea that it was robin... now I have even less idea on how it may be called in Polish :D

The colors of the branch seem... too "orangey" (ok I know thats not a word...LOL)... what I tend to do in these situations is to use the cloudy WB for most scenery and wildlife since it adds some color but not overly... and you can use it both in the shade and in the sun... but its all personal pref really...

Hoppy: the Red squirells are very common here... to be honest.. we have onlyred suirells .. no grey ones nor other...

i love the second one... nice shot. i like the light in the first two... very autumn-esque! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back