ArtphotoasiA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.corradoprever.photos
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finaly I was there... 1 day here in Italy... just back from the movie theatre.... Avatar is indeed the best sci-fi movie I saw in the recent years... it will not let you down 1 second.

Nice story...
Nice special effects...
Nice actions...
Good message political and ecological...
3D is a plus but will be great movie also in 2d...

There was a standing ovation when ended!
I do hope will help people to think where we all we humans are going.

Very good flick! I enjoyed it greatly.

Overall, though, it wasn't a new story. My wife turned to me halfway through and said, "it's Dances With Wolves... in space!" And, really, it is the "noble savage" story re-told.

This isn't a bad thing, it just isn't an monumental thing either. It's a decent story (if old) told VERY well with a few twists, all wrapped up in a visually STUNNING package.

My wife and I gave it two thumbs-up and are planning on buying it when it's released on disc!

Last edited:
Either it's going to be the best movie ever, or second best movie ever. I want it to take the number one spot. All-Time Worldwide Box Office
3D was pure cinema magic mastery (so was 2D)! Cameron is a genius - along with his dedicated team of professionals. Definitely a blu-ray buy for me when it comes out.

I don't get all the hubbub. Granted I havent seen the movie, and honestly have no plans to go see it, but as someone else noted - its essentially Dances with Wolves, with blue indians.

So what makes this one such an amazing movie? Is it just the pretty graphics?

Yeah we finally got to see a ton of movies during our break I just recently saw this one. I agree with PUGS the story isn't original but we did enjoy it.

What blew my mind was the 3D FX. I've seen tons of 3D movies but I must say I never experience this type of rendering before. I felt like I was in Pandora and I snapped out of it only when the credits came up. The way made it completely tricked my brain as if I was there with em...lol weird.

Saw it in IMAX definitely one for the DVD collection.

some compared it to pocahontas :/

i personally loved the film

some compared it to pocahontas :/

i personally loved the film

That's what I'm saying. Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, Pocahontas I guess... the story is old and, lets face it, if this was a college paper he would be booted for plagiarism.

Which leads me to confirm what I had originally thought - people are claiming that the movie is great because it's shiney.

It's a really enjoyable film. Don't get me wrong.

It's totally a "noble savage" story and isn't all that original, but it is VERY well done and the story, for as old as it is, is really told well and wrapped up in an INCREDIBLY nice looking package.

I thought it was a great movie until the Political side of "clicked" then it was just so-so, overall the whole movie was very predictable

as far as the MOVIE part of it, I enjoyed the entertainment of it and great art

I expected a lot from this movie..But I was slightly disappointed with the movie..

Anyone here watched the 3D version?? it was pretty awesome.

Yup...Pocahontas with Thunder Smurfs.
But still an awesome and unique viewing experience.

What's that old saying...'The medium is the message'.

Most reactions

Back