Awesome Software

I am learning product photography. And I found the software that shipped with the Canon is very useful. (Tethering)

Lightroom & Photoshop are like a hammer and a nail gun. I need to drive a nail in the wall, I grab the hammer. I need to build a house, I grab the nail gun...

Interesting. Did you consider that respectively? Lightroom = hammer, Photoshop = Nailgun?

Personally I like the analogy the opposite way around. Lightroom being the Nailgun. If I want to power through loads of pieces of wood quickly such as building a fence I'll grab a nailgun, however if I want to carefully put a nail halfway into the wall in a very precise location I will use the the hammer :D

Either way I like the analogy :)

First stop, Aperture -- always! Brings order to chaos quickly, especially if you've just taken 300 shots at a basketball game. Second stop, Photoshop CS3. Once I select the photos to submit to whomever I worked for that night, I use photoshop for final edits if needed. Last stop, the Wii for a rousing game of tennis before bed!

PS CS4 for me. Sitting here in the UK where I only have PSE6 available to me, I feel rather hamstrung - not that it can't do a job you understand.

I'm sure if Ansel Adams had a disposable camera he could have made great pictures, but let's face it great software (and great equiptment) helps a lot.
Don't forget that Ansel probably spent as much or more time in the darkroom, as he did actually taking photos. ;)
Yep, I would take odds that that's true. Since I only shoot film for now, PSE7 does everything I need.

J.:confused:

#1 - Lightroom 2.6, it's a great import and basic editing tool.
#2 - I really do like Aperture, I've started using it more than Lightroom lately.
#3 - Photoshop CS3/CS4
#4 - Nik Software plugins for CS3/CS4

I really need to upgrade/update my stuff I think. Well, I suppose I need to better understand aspects of what I already have.
I use Nikon's Capture NX (the first one) and PS Elements 4.0

I really don't need to spend a fortune and still can not grasp the issue of editing layers very well.

i feel like im stuck in the dark ages. I use CS2 alot. I love my lightroom 2 though and have been playing with lightroom3 beta, but its not much different it doesn't seem, of course, ive only loaded one image in it. haha.

i grabbed LR the other day....love it.
and for my more intense PP...CS3

Most reactions

Back