Awkward moment for a wedding photographer (and bride & groom too)

This was a special day for the people getting married. The priest could have asked nicely to keep mood upbeat and not make a scene out of respect for everyone.

IMO: not the right place for the photographer to be, unless specifically requested by the couple. And a poor way to handle the situation on behalf of the priest. Clear lack of communication all the way around, but the couple's faces were priceless. I did notice that the photographer you can see at the very end was also wearing a hoodie, so seems to me that there was just a lack of professionalism across the board with both the photographers and the priest.

The priest was being a dong if you ask me. The bride and groom didn't seem to feel the photographers were ruining their special day, but on the other hand, I can bet you that in 10 years they'll still be talking about the moment Father McDoucheypants turned their wedding ceremony into a tense and awkward mess.

The photographers weren't exactly walking on water either if they failed to clear their intended approach beforehand, but the scolding could have happened offline rather than during the ceremony.

I just don't know why people put up with this stuff. As a retired catholic, this doesn't surprise me at all. When my wife and I were planning our wedding we met with her priest who unlike this guy, was a really nice and respectful guy. We were told a list of things that were either demanded by, or not permitted by "the church". For example, no outdoor ceremony, even on church property. Rules stated it had to take place inside the church. We could not even choose the priest that we wanted to marry us (him), instead we had to take whomever was on deck that day. OK fine. We can respect that. So that was the day we walked away from religion. We ended up taking his suggestion, wrote our own ceremony and got married by a friend who was a licensed minister. My wife and I have been happily married humanists for over 30 years.

BTW, churches and museums are full of examples of man documenting important events.

Wow, what a video to watch with my own wedding just 2 weeks away! lol!

I do think it was handled poorly by the minister. I can undersand his not wanting them there if he felt they were disrupting the ceremony, but he could have been a bit more polite. Threatening to stop the ceremony and completely ruining the Bride and Groom's wedding day was way overboard.

Our priest pulled a bit of this, though not too much with the photographer, and what little was with our 'tog, he handled brilliantly. No one saw it coming.

Amateurs.

Always speak with the minister before the wedding.

Our photographer did. He was told he had no business being in the church.

Tell me, exactly, how you're supposed to deal with that? :)

Amateurs.

Diplomatically and respectfully. Maybe arrange a meeting with the priest along with the bride and groom? Thats a new one to me Manaheim but then there are no two priests alike either so you never know what to expect. Just another reason I dread shooting a church wedding. :lol:

"This isn't about photography it's about god". Bull****. Brides want everything covered. Did you see her face? It's about their marriage more than god.

Amateurs.

Tell him he will be getting a strongly worded letter from Zeus?

Atheist ceremonies must be a piece of cake to shoot. :boogie:

You all can deal with with all that BS. I'll just corner the market on the Atheist crowd. :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back