Atlantic Puffins

Wow, wow wow! These are PERFECT! As much as I admire and love your architecture shots, I am more envious of these. I gave you the Winner badge as much for the back story and good deeds as for the phenomenal pics. #3 is my favorite as well.
Thanks Dean...the good deed part may be overrated. I ordinarily don't lend expensive gear to complete strangers. But, after talking to the guy for an hour while waiting for the birds...and understanding that he was a good photographer, I thought it would be a waste to let my extra lens just sit in my bag while he walked away with nothing.

Glenn
Still a good deed, no matter the reason. Sometimes the " good " voice is louder than the " mischievous " one.

Had to come back and look at these again they’re so good. Nominated #3 for POTM.

Very nice set, can't wait to get the tc for my 300mm.

No.4 is just a gorgeous portrait. I would kill to have my hands on that set-up (D850+500mm).

Last edited:
Wow! Crackin' Captures...
You ARE the Puffin Whisperer.
Thanks for sharing the story. Heck of a lucky person too!
Paul

Very nice set, can't wait to get the tc for my 300mm.

No.4 is just a gorgeous portrait. I would kill to have my hands on that set-up (D850+500mm).
Thanks Mark...the 500 is a joy to shoot with. I try to use it whenever possible!
Wow! Crackin' Captures...
You ARE the Puffin Whisperer.
Thanks for sharing the story. Heck of a lucky person too!
Paul
Thanks Paul

Glenn

Beautiful pictures! Puffins are so cute! It paid off at the end. If the photographer is patient enough nature will give him the scene he wanted to shoot, always.
Thank you...after 7 hours of waiting, I was beginning to doubt whether nature would come through!

Glenn

Most reactions

Back