b&w basement photoshoot

dinucringuri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$pt crit.jpg

Some c&c would be great, guys!

come on, guys...some advice, opinions...

I think it looks cool, but as the photo is fairly abstract it would definitely help if you provided some context towards your artistic vision and what you are trying to convey with this photo. I see an interesting image for sure, but I would like to know the story behind it before I feel that I can say anything about it!

I looked at this one last night and wasn't sure; this morning I'm still not sure. I thin there's potential here, but the image has been let down by the technical side; excessive noise, softness, etc. I think bringing the light more on to the subject and diffusing it just a bit mroe would help, as would lighting that far wall across the wall rather than straight on.

@hyeunny - just wanted a contrasty, edgy photo with a pretty girl in a dress in a gritty background...basically i saw the backgound and i thought a girl in dress in front of it would make a nice photo
@tirediron - i know what you're saying...it was shot at iso 6400 and i tried my best to eliminate the noise in lightroom. And i could not reposition the light as i was using window light ( that is why i went for such a high iso)

@hyeunny - just wanted a contrasty, edgy photo with a pretty girl in a dress in a gritty background...basically i saw the backgound and i thought a girl in dress in front of it would make a nice photo
@tirediron - i know what you're saying...it was shot at iso 6400 and i tried my best to eliminate the noise in lightroom. And i could not reposition the light as i was using window light ( that is why i went for such a high iso)

I think I like where you're going with this one. My question is that since you can't reposition the light, can you add to it with some off camera flash? (I'm thinking standing it right by the window to add in the amount of light you're getting. This may allow you to use a lower ISO and produce less noise.)

I dunno...I want to like the shot. I downloaded the largest available, and saw that she is a bit "soft"...not quite really super-sharp, but amply sharp to make a decent shot, yes. I wish there were a bit more black space to the left of her outstretched hand. What I did was to rotate this just slightly, and to lighten it up a bit, add a tiny bit of fill, boost the clarity, and then warm the tone up from cold-tone B&W to ever-so-faintly-warm B&W. I like the idea of a tall,slender woman in heels and a summer dress juxtaposed against an old basement with peeling paint and one light source.

$pt crit_rotated.jpg

Is this any better? Or about the same?

@ Ronlane - well...you're points are valid, but i don't have an off camera flash...and the room did not allow me to reposition myself, or the model
@ Derrel - i really like your version...but perhaps too much detail in the dress...the patterns kind of take your eye off the face, otherwise looks great. And i see your point with the black space to the left...but my composition was kind of forced, as i said earlier, as the room was small and packed with useless stuff

Most reactions

Back