B&W, Color, or Recycle Bin?

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't make up my mind on whether I even like this in B&W, on the other hand I'm not too sure I'm sold on the color version either. Any thoughts?

4881518582_1ace7270e9_b.jpg

4881518410_705b292fbd_b.jpg

Another vote for B&W, but it might need some adjustments during the conversion. Some more contrast perhaps?

Hey, what do I know?! :lol:

Another vote for B&W, but it might need some adjustments during the conversion. Some more contrast perhaps?

Hey, what do I know?! :lol:

Agreed

B&W though I would probably crop it a bit too. Maybe something like that. Very cute kid and love the angle on it, It's a great shot. I will be deleting the pic. Oh I also darkened the contrast with just darker in the B&W options.

4881518582_1ace7270e9_bcopy.jpg

Last edited:
B&W though I would probably crop it a bit too. Maybe something like that. Very cute kid and love the angle on it, It's a great shot. I will be deleting the pic. Oh I also darkened the contrast with just darker in the B&W options.
Did you notice Scatterbrained's Profile says: My Images are Not ok to edit. ?

Did you notice Scatterbrained's Profile says: My Images are Not ok to edit. ?
I only recently changed that when I realized I was posting images of my daughter. It's cool. I didn't even think until he mentioned that he would be deleting the photo afterward and I thought that there are some clowns on here that I wouldn't want screwing with my images. (not that anyone in this thread is one of them):mrgreen:

4881518582_1ace7270e9_bcopy.jpg
I appreciate the effort but I think I'll retain the crop as I left it that way for a few specific reasons. I may go back and try to increase the contrast just a hair as I think I'll be retaining both the B&W and the color (I like one and my wife likes the other). As for the crop I prefer her smaller in the frame as it emphasizes how small she is in the world. Also, the extra length of concrete railing adds a "weight" to the image that is positioned precariously over her head helping to add drama and tension while enhancing the somber mood of the photo. The longer railings diagonal lines lead the eye from the top left across toward the center right where they meet her head, then the eyes should move from here head to face to eye line which will take you to here hands. So I hope anyway. I could go on but . . . . ;)

i actually like the color or try a bnw with a tint?

BW w/ slight sepia tone... , more contrast. It's a keeper :)
It's funny that you two would say that because I added a low opacity colored layer to give it a slight sepia tone without it being outright brown (which is what happens if you make a sepia image in DPP). Maybe I'll try bumping the opacity of the layer and see how I feel about it. :D
Thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back