B&W Landscape and others (my first b&w roll)

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some shots from my first roll of B&W film:

Feel free to comment:

1.) We have a habit of rolling our hay in Kent, which looks kinda cool:

field.jpg

2.) A rose from my graden, it's strange the amount of difference b&w can make to an image like this:

bwrose.jpg

3.) A random shot of my sister in the kitchen that came out better than expected:

harriet.jpg

Like i said earlier feel free to comment :lol:

Yeah i really enjoyed using it,

shame about the cost of processing tho, I'm not lucky enough to have a dark room, it costs me 5 pounds to get a colour film done but 12 pounds for a black and white :s

Hi Scurra, we roll hay here in the US south, too. I think it must be a universal technique of getting it out there to the animals. You might get a kick out of an image transfer I did of a shot very similar to this (look in the Alternative Techniques forum if interested). :wink: I love this B&W view.

B&W is a joy to use and gives a unique perspective to the world. These days the costs of setting up a darkroom at home have plummeted, so if you think you'll stick to shooting a lot of B&W, check it out. It's extremely inexpensive to process your stuff at home and you have better control over the appearance of your prints. These are nice, great portrait of your sister, too!

:shock: 12 pounds for processing a roll of B&W!!!!!! :shock:

What type of film are you using???? c-41? It costs considerably less where I live. I get B&W processing at $2.50US a roll- note that's processing only. I can go to a 1hr lab and get B&W w/ prints for about $8-9US.

BTW- great first set. Can't wait to see more.

lol too true Maven!

Most reactions

Back