B/W of daughter. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TaylorBWLollipop.jpg
Heleakala1.jpg

jwbryson1
jwbryson1

cool, looks like you got your link issue sorted out..

#1 im wondering if it would be better if you did selective coloring on the lollipop. it would have been better if her right eye wasn't in the shadow, but this is still a decent portrait.

#2 horizon slightly off, but scenery looks wonderful. how high up was this?

cool, looks like you got your link issue sorted out..

#1 im wondering if it would be better if you did selective coloring on the lollipop. it would have been better if her right eye wasn't in the shadow, but this is still a decent portrait.

#2 horizon slightly off, but scenery looks wonderful. how high up was this?

Thanks. I moved everything to Photobucket and it worked from there. Appreciate the help.

The second photo was not supposed to be here (my mistake), but the elevation is 10,023 feet. Haleakala state park on Maui.

Thoughts? My thought is that you should shoot in color for the time being. B&W conversion will come later. Work on your composition, light, etc before you worry about making your images B&W.

Thanks, but that does not offer much in terms of substance.

I guess you really are from Montgomery Co where everyone is the center of the universe. Composition, light, etc is not enough substance? What words should I use to tell you your images suck?

An "American in Europe" whose interests include "the arts" -- yep, you sound like a real winner. :lmao: I know the type--a whiny, snot nose liberal elitist crybaby. Tell me, how old were you when daddy began to abuse you? Your images suck is the best you can come up with on short notice? Here's what I think of that attempt to get under my skin. :drool:

Nice try peaches.

Not really. Just looking for substantive comments and generalities such as "composition" and "lighting" are useless. I don't think any of us would disagree that the photo would look better without the shadows across her right eye, so telling me that "lighting" is an issue is a huge "no ****" moment to me.

Not really. Just looking for substantive comments and generalities such as "composition" and "lighting" are useless. I don't think any of us would disagree that the photo would look better without the shadows across her right eye, so telling me that "lighting" is an issue is a huge "no ****" moment to me.

Yeah, your gonna make it so people won't want to comment at all. Have fun with that!

That's a good point and I appreciate where you are coming from. My mistake.

Very cute girl and portrait! It looks like she may be squinting. Make sure she doesn't have a harsh light in her face. Softer light would also create a bigger, more flattering, highlight in her eye.

@Breaux - Thanks for some good feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back