B&W Pictures --> C&C please

FemFugler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these the other night they seemed kind of blah in colour so i made them black and white and i sort of like them. What do you guys think? Critiques, comments, and edits are welcome.

Sorry they're kind of big...

yjrbll.jpg

m6Zfel.jpg

ZgdFF.jpg

I don't like the middle one, because there seems to be to much going on. The first one I love the simplicity of it nice job. The bottom one like the idea failed on the lighting the real harsh shadow to the right takes away for me. try a more direct lighting if you can

I don't like the middle one, because there seems to be to much going on. The first one I love the simplicity of it nice job. The bottom one like the idea failed on the lighting the real harsh shadow to the right takes away for me. try a more direct lighting if you can

Yea, i was going to crop the shadow out but it looked weird so closely cropped so i just left it. I was going to try and edit it out but i think it be easier just to do a re shoot honestly. Also the lines and the picture aren't exactly straight/ level with the camera. I think this is another time where a tripod would benefit it, but i don't so I'm trying to make sure.

Thanks.

Fem
I think I understand what you were trying with the first two shots. Maybe the branches themselves are too busy. Find other branches with less twigs on them and shoot them the same way.

The 3rd shot is hard to figure out. Maybe cropped to closely, too bright, and way too harsh. Maybe even the angle.
I think what happens to us when we see a subject, is we become interested in it. Then we shoot it without a real theme/idea and it does not work. I know, that makes us mad. Don't let that happen, go out the next time with more conviction. Also, just my opinion here, do not try so hard to find a subject. Sometime they just do not present themselves.

See/feel a subject, develop an idea and shoot it that way.

Fem
I think I understand what you were trying with the first two shots. Maybe the branches themselves are too busy. Find other branches with less twigs on them and shoot them the same way.

The 3rd shot is hard to figure out. Maybe cropped to closely, too bright, and way too harsh. Maybe even the angle.
I think what happens to us when we see a subject, is we become interested in it. Then we shoot it without a real theme/idea and it does not work. I know, that makes us mad. Don't let that happen, go out the next time with more conviction. Also, just my opinion here, do not try so hard to find a subject. Sometime they just do not present themselves.

See/feel a subject, develop an idea and shoot it that way.

Yea.... i agree that the second one is a little busy. I tried cropping it but it just didn't look right so i left it at that.

I really like the first one because it's simple and i just like how it's to one side. Kind of a modern feel to it which i sort of wanted i guess.

The last the more i look at the more i see that it's a fail lol.

Thanks

Please check out this thread too:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/197817-pets-c-c-please.html

I like the second one, the extreme contrast with the dark background.. Number 3 has a great texture but does ring any bell for me... Just my two cents

Keep the good work!

I like the second one, the extreme contrast with the dark background.. Number 3 has a great texture but does ring any bell for me... Just my two cents

Keep the good work!

Thanks

The third one is pretty crative... I would think about instead of just a flat back and white change it up a bit with a different black and white style..

Most reactions

Back