What's new

B&W Portrait C&C please.

DaevidClarke

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is Corey.
Image darkened in PP.
D80 35/1.8


cor3.jpg
 
I was gonna say that the grays could be slightly lighter, but after staring at it for a while, the face is bright enough.
I like the centered face here cause the heavy mass of black on the left balances her glance to the right.
Nice Photograph.
 
This is a little too dark for my taste. I know you are probably going for a certain mood, but the fact that the whole left side is without any detail makes it not work for me. However I am a beginner so I may be missing something.
 
Way too dark, why did you darken it what are you trying to hide
 
Way too dark, why did you darken it what are you trying to hide

i wasnt trying to hide anything. i was going for this enveloping darkness. plus it seemed too symmetrical without the blackness.

well now that i take a second look at the original, i was probably trying to cover up horrible lighting lol
 
Last edited:
^^yes this was 'shoped to all hell
 
i think you meant it to be dark,goes with the mood,i like it.
 
I like the B&W version even more,it does say something about the girl,the colored one doesnt interest me that much
 
I like the B&W version even more,it does say something about the girl,the colored one doesnt interest me that much

just showing the image as i took it. i knew the image wasnt great, thats why its photoshoped.
 
I wish you hadn't posted SOOC. Unless you're looking for advice on something specific about the original, posting it is irrelevant.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom