B&W Railroad Levers for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to an old railroad bridge today. This bridge spans a river and it used to pivot in the center to let boats through. It was built in 1922 and has long since been stationary. There is a control box that sets in the center, above the bridge. This is where the worker used to sit and work the levers and controls to swing the bridge. This is my favorite picture of the day and I hope I have more to come.

_DSC0446_edited-2.jpg

_DSC0396_edited-1.jpg

_DSC0380_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:
I like the composition and dof. I always want to find a place as this to photograph but I just have to wonder....aren't most of these abandoned places fenced off from the public?

Let's just say it was difficult to get to. :)

Updated with two new pics.

I like EVERYTHING about the last photo. Well done.

(I'd kill myself climbing up there lol)

Ok, here is a picture of me on top of the bridge taken by my cell phone and the other shows the "control" box.

photo.jpg

_DSC0447.jpg

I like the 3rd one. It makes me think about the trains that go through there in addition to the coolness of the metal you're taking pictures of....it tells a story. I like it.

Eric
That is trespassing....I love it, a man after my own heart...:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Although your youth does make it easier to escape. ;)

Kudos for climbing for the shot, and then having the presense of mind to be exactly centered when shooting. I like that shot more than the levers.

Is that an active train track?

Yes, frequently active. Trains don't bother me because I grew up around them. But I am always extra careful. No trains came while I was on the tracks today.

Yes, frequently active. Trains don't bother me because I grew up around them. But I am always extra careful. No trains came while I was on the tracks today.

So, no trains were harmed during this shoot.

Sorry, I am feeling kind of corny tonight.

No trains, nor was I harmed. :)

Bump for some more c&c

I really like the 1st and 3rd photo's the 2nd one is kind busy for me but im simple minded and get distracted easy.. I think its (2nd photo) a good photo just to busy for my taste

Most reactions

Back