B&W Self portrait

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6769351693_20d6488314_z.jpg

Nice shot! I love the contrast in the photo, as well as the detail. It's nicely lit, too. However, if I was to change something, it would be your expression :p Good job.

Nice shot! I love the contrast in the photo, as well as the detail. It's nicely lit, too. However, if I was to change something, it would be your expression :p Good job.

Thanks.

I think I need to pull my main light up to bring the catchlights up a bit and the burning I did on the sweatshirt turned it a bit grey.

I made a second attempt at a self portrait. I think the posing and lighting is a it better. Comments welcome.

6780244209_215efdac54_z.jpg

put reflector on the right, make your catch light bigger on your eyes should do it. You used stoffen on these?

put reflector on the right, make your catch light bigger on your eyes should do it. You used stoffen on these?

Whats a stoffen? I had a sb600 camera left through an umbrella and a reflector on the right kind of behind the subject. With a snooted sb600 on the firing at the background.

This is close as I could get with lightingdiagrams.com
6780715717_5700834a91_o.png

In the second image there are more shadow on face; yet i must say this looks better in your facial expression; a change from "choked to relaxed" ; eyes are more compassionate in the second where as more determined in the first

Regards :D

In the second image there are more shadow on face; yet i must say this looks better in your facial expression; a change from "choked to relaxed" ; eyes are more compassionate in the second where as more determined in the firstRegards :D
Thank you, I appreciate he honest feedback. So you liked The lighting in the first over the second?I still need to figure out a hair light/reflector setup. I've been trying to use the reflector part of the umbrella to get some more light on the hair.

Nice! I really like the second picture, I like how one side of your face is pointed towards the camera, it gives off a mysterious feel. Almost a picture a evil dictator would take (not in a bad way), I can tell you're down for business. Very nice! And best of luck with future experiments.

Most reactions

Back