uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1s.jpg

I was out roaming the streets of winona last week and this was one of the shots that resulted. What are some things I could do to improve this shot?

It looks really nice, but I would have liked some kind of prominent subject... I think if, I dunno, you had a big german shephard trying to mount a little poodle with the poodle's owner swatting at it with an umbrella, while some homeless guy with a bottle in a paper bag looked on and laughed a toothless laugh, it would have been perfect.

Seriously though this is a really nice photo, but I just wish there was somebody or something happening on the big empty sidewalk...

haha walter, that definitely would have made for an interesting photo :LOL:

I like the tones, contrast and those out of focus trees on the left really help the composition. not bad, but like walter said, some solid subject would improve it.

There is a subject- the woman far down the sidewalk. Now, if you crop this pic to just to the left of the lamp post she plays much more prominently in the shot, because then the cars don't draw you eye away from her.

This does seems to have a slight magenta cast to it, but it works fine that way. Nice shot. :)

Thanks for the comments. I went out and took some more shots with a more definite subject today. Once they come back from walgreens and i get them scanned in i'll post my favorite.

even better than dogs woudl be if some dude was trying to mount a random girl and she was digging it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back