What's new

B&W water fountain (for C&C)

Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
72
Location
Portland, OR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fresh off the.. uh, memory card?

Took this today at mid-day in bright sunlight. Was a bit overexposed so worked it down a notch in Aperture and liked how it was looking, so took it all the way Black & white. I think this is the most true B&W I've done (more black, less gray).

Looking for feedback on composition or technical critiques with this one :)

Relevant Info:
Exposure: 1/1000
Aperture: 5.6
Focal: 190mm
ISO: 200
Exposure bias: 0ev

4593237981_282daca8a5_b.jpg
 
I'd go for the wider aperture and manually focus it so that all of the fountain was in focus. Other than that, actually might be a little dark now. Nice overall, though, I like it.
 
Thanks for the feedback :)

This was actually taken with me laying down on my stomach, looking underneath a railing. I couldn't quite the angle right to manually focus so I relied on Auto using my LCD screen swiveled out for a better viewing angle.

Say what you want about focusing using the LCD, but that articulating screen is pretty fraking sweet :)
 
I really like it and you're right there is more black than grey very good job!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom