B17 remembers overcast skys.

Mike_E

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A B17 was visiting our local airport this weekend.

Barnstorming if you can believe it. A long way from freeing the world but a living I suppose. I heard tickets were $400 apiece- I didn't check.

In any case she is a gorgeous old girl...

I-remember-this-sky.jpg

Thanks for looking,

mike

Greay angle and great shot but it is a little dark. I agree I would like to see more.

This is especially cool to be since my dad was a tail gunner on a B17. If you have photoshop I can tell you an easy way to fix the blown out clouds.

Did you capture the nose art?

Craig

Thanks for the kind words. It was a dark to very dark day and I tried to bring home some of the mood.

Here are a couple more...

Last Minute Details

Last-minute-details.jpg

Once More Into The Clouds

Once-more-into-the-clouds.jpg

God Speed Old Girl

God-Speed-old-girl.jpg

Again thanks for looking. (I'll have to go back and look for a better shot of the tail gunners seat and sorry about the blown sky- not much I could do considering how many stops darker everything else was. I guess I could clone it out all together. :))

Last edited:
Thanks Altitude, I cropped the take off shot and I think that the camera angle against the trees and the slight hill hiding the runway is giving me grief here.

I measured the roof line of a building I cropped out directly across the way and got 0.48 degrees CW (which makes me feel good as I'm usually not that good-really! ;)).

mike

Cool, love the ole B-17 Flying Fortress. You caught the #4 engine/prop in motion (right on). I think some exposure componsation would have helped you with the overcast.

Again thanks for sharing. I am into these and with the new photos I was able to identify the plane. The plane is named "Aluminum Overcast". I searched on it and it has a lot of history.

I tweaked your photos a little. Hope you do not mind.

You have to shoot the nose art when it comes back.

Craig

4026645663_cd1f83df76_o.jpg

4026610011_bff6b82c15_o.jpg

Love the edits!! Thanks. On the "take off" shot...can you rotate it about 1 or 2 degrees clockwise? Just a thought!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back