Babushka in black.

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Grandmothers ain't what they used to be.
Black Satin-8806-3b.jpg

I corrected the lens distortion and colour balance in Lightroom, and removed the old polystyrene chip tray from under the gun carriage and stray hairs in Photoshop. Then I took it into Portrait Pro to redo her makeup (no skin smoothing) and brighten/sharpen her eyes and mouth. Next was taking off about 5lbs in Portrait Pro Body. All changes were minimal but I enjoy the processing as much as taking the shots.

May have done some editing, but there's no doubt the lady has always been blessed with an inner beauty that age cannot decrease. Great job on the lady, but whatever that is in the end of the canon is very distracting. Keeps pulling my eye away from her.

May have done some editing, but there's no doubt the lady has always been blessed with an inner beauty that age cannot decrease. Great job on the lady, but whatever that is in the end of the canon is very distracting. Keeps pulling my eye away from her.

That's the wooden plug that stops the tourists from using it as a litter bin. Now you mention it I see your point, it is a bit of a distraction. :(

As for editing, it really was minimal, mostly her makeup which she'd put on a few hours earlier for day wear.

I have a thing for beautiful silver hair. My ex mil had the same hair. Gorgeous model!

I'll give away her secret Dean, that's a wig she sometimes wears. It's a lot easier to keep it looking good than her own hair which is baby fine bottle blonde and is blown askew by the slightest breeze. I know what you mean, I think it looks awesome on her.

...And to the others, thank you.

Last edited:
Very well done Granddad, agree she looks very elegant. I bet you could just paint over that plug to make it darker in Photoshop.

Very well done Granddad, agree she looks very elegant. I bet you could just paint over that plug to make it darker in Photoshop.

I'll give it a try ... or maybe work on a different shot in the set. :)

Great shot of a very beautiful woman.

Most reactions

Back