Funeral Celebrant

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of our good friends dropped her teaching job a year or two ago and started working as an independent funeral celebrant. I took some photos for her back then but we decided that it was time to upgrade and improve. This time she was willing to do some that were a little less dour and a little more warm and approachable. We did the shoot yesterday in a crematorium and (so far) this shot is my favourite. I've worked on lighting etc in Lightroom and also brightened her eyes and sharpened her mouth a little in Portrait Pro. I haven't done anything to her skin apart from remove a tiny pimple and just a tad of softening. For this purpose mature is better and looks more trustworthy.
Any comments or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Dawn-3536c.jpg

Okay I had to look up Funeral Celebrant, that was a new one on me. I've decided that at my funeral, at the end of the eulogy instead of the traditional music, I want them to play "Pop goes the weasel", that should clear a few out.:biggrin:

Very nice, love the expression. Only negative for me is the head tilt away from the camera, seems off balance.

Only negative for me is the head tilt away from the camera, seems off balance.
Interesting; I looked at this as a positive, showing her connection to the [unseen] audience.

I guess it could be, for me more the combination of the camera angle and tilt.

Most reactions

Back