Baby Boy

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've learned as I've been going about my photography business that "everyone has a story". I met a lot of people along this journey as a photographer, and I've decided that when I hear a story, I'll share it with the pics.

This is a one month old little boy. His grandmother won a photoshoot from an auction I donate to every year. I booked the appointment, and the cute little mom with her first child, Conley, and grandma come for her appointment. I go ahead with the shoot, and instruct mom to pick up her baby and using her elbows as props on a little table, hold him up for a few pics. Grandma says "I better do that one" I thought that odd, because the idea is moms hands with baby - kind of a sentimental shot. Grandmas hands wouldn't mean the same to the new mom. Well, the mom agrees and says "I forgot the doctor told me not to do any lifting like that" I'm thinking that was kindof weird so I ask why, and she explains that she had a major complication after delivering the baby, her heart stopped beating and she almost died. They got her taken care of, and sent her home with strict regulations on what might push her heart past what it could handle. That story really made this a more meaningful portrait session for me.
Here's the pics:

2972094961_90d81b88a5.jpg

2972942620_4551c81c1d.jpg

This is the one grandma was going to do. I worked it so that moms hands and arms weren't holding the weight of the baby. Mom was so happy that she got to be the one to do the shot!
2972094603_049e8cf9c6.jpg

2972094467_6a29af15ce.jpg

2972094251_808de650b9.jpg

2972941800_d01ae12e0b.jpg

2972093889_c2fa1d8d6f.jpg

and a smile!!
2972093661_00069a1e84.jpg

c&c welcome!!

Wow-how scary!:( I'm so happy that she survived & I hope her health will continue to thrive so that she has the chance to see her little one grow-up. Thanks for sharing the story behind the photos!

My favorite picture is #2...#4 next. I like several others...really like #3 although baby is a tad blown out. Not bad or anything-might even be able to fix it with some editing. Depends on how the original looks.

Overall, I like the series & I'm sure the Mom (and grandma) will be thrilled with them!:thumbup:

Thanks A&A, I appreciate the comments! #3 is a little blown, I may have over processed it. The original is good, I'll go back and tweak it a little!

Most reactions

Back