What's new

Baby ducks

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife took me to the park today for the sole purpose of showing me these baby ducks. So you better believe I brought my camera with me :-P

4610485548_be37a6c78f_b.jpg


4610486302_7d30236e32_b.jpg
 
Wonderful! worth the trip!
 
I really like #1!
 
I don't know if it was worth the trip but my wife is quite happy that I went and only spent 10 minutes taking pictures :lol:

In the first one does it bug anyone that the ducks in the background are out of focus? I do have some that have them in focus as well but it just seemed to confusing. The ones in the back were in a small hole of sorts and the parents were guarding the rear so this was the best angle I was able to use.
 
For me, it's ok. Particularly the taller one - he/she's a posterboy for animal bokeh! Perhaps the shorter one of those is just a bit too much in-focus but it holds my attention nonetheless.

Well done for limiting yourself to only 10 minutes. That demonstrates commitment and willpower :lol:
 
beautiful bokeh!
 
Something looks odd to me, like they're oversharpened or something... Either that or it's motion blur. Can't put my finger on it, but I get dizzy looking at them.
 
Something looks odd to me, like they're oversharpened or something... Either that or it's motion blur. Can't put my finger on it, but I get dizzy looking at them.

I did sharpen them up in post. Maybe that's it.
 
I like the first one, but with some minor tweaking. The out of focus ducks in the back are great. There are some highlights in the background and on the ducks fur I would tone down a little bit.

Your details said Photos OK to edit, so I hope you don't mind, I did a quick adjustment to illustrate. I will gladly remove it if you wish.

Before:
4610485548_be37a6c78f_b.jpg


AFTER:

p293187222-4.jpg
 
^^^^^^^^
I can't really tell what you did but your edits definitely look better than mine lol.
I do have CS4 but only use it when cloning something or doing other minute things. The whole layers, curves, and everything else is just overwhelming. Kind of like when I first shot on manual rather than auto lol. I've just started getting the hang of LR and am slowly learning what PS can do for me.

Thanks again for showing me what is possible. I appreciate the time you took to do that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom