Baby Portraits! C&C

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was messing around with my 50mm 1.8 today and I figured Id try some portraits. All are taken in natural light with the Nikon D90 and Nikon 50mm F/1.8D. Tell me what you think! (By the way, none are crops. she was close to the camera)

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

Thanks!
Mark

well.. the eyes are in focus, which is always a good thing.. but with the dof the way it is, i really don't like them, because most of the face is OOF

i like the last one, i agree that too much of the face is out of focus, and i think some of them make her look like she has a mustache. also maybe its just me but these photos have too much of a sad feeling for such a cute thing! my only other opinion is that perhaps there could be more warmth or vibrancy but those are all just personal opinions, still great shots.

Strange...she looks older than I'm sure she is. Especially the first two. Doesn't really look like a baby. ...Must be the light.

edit

I like the last two most, the last one more. They all have a 'strange' look to them though, not really sure how to describe it. Not really good/bad, just not what I was expecting.

Last edited:
Exactly. Thats exactly qhy I like them so much. It gets away from that happy baby stereotypical shots. Theyre almost too serious to be a baby. Shes only two. Around tht emouth is because of her cheese curls she was eating. Thanks everyone!

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back