nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't done a proper self portrait where I actually put some effort into it. It's been a rough part of my photographic journey where I am having a difficult time finding the inspiration and motivation. Anyways the other day I thought of a cool idea for a self portrait that I haven't done by sitting the wrong way in a chair (isn't that how cool people sit?) and using my one and only cheap soft box light.

For the camera I used my Nikon Z6II and the Nikkor Z 50mm 1.8 S.

Erwin-240222-87308-Edit.jpg

This was actually quite challenging for myself and I'm happy I did what I sought after to do. So I'm proud of myself.
I'm not a portrait photographer by any means but it was quite a gloomy and dark day so I figured it would be a great time to practice.

Nice. You chose a great background with you in a dark t shirt. The facial expression catches my interest. Framing is good. BW works well and has a nice range of black white and grays. Good use of the concept of thirds too.

Nice. You chose a great background with you in a dark t shirt. The facial expression catches my interest. Framing is good. BW works well and has a nice range of black white and grays. Good use of the concept of thirds too.

Thank you so much! It was the best spot in my house (and space for tripods and such haha) but yeah I had a good time playing around with it.

Nicely done. Looking good.

I also use cheap strobes, but if you know what you're doing then it honestly doesn't matter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back