Baby skunk

JustinL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bunch of these little guys ran up and started jumping on my shoes trying to climb up my leg today, very strange but kind of funny. Got a few quick shots.

2 they never really stood still and it was dusk so not very sharp.

4 Running circles around my feet

Those are adorable!!!!! I love #1

A bunch of these little guys ran up and started jumping on my shoes trying to climb up my leg today, very strange but kind of funny.

Hmm... You must smell like their mom! :lol: Very cute pictures though.

I was looking for the mom the whole time lol. It was very strange, I saw them playing in my yard I grabbed my camera and walked out to get few pictures and they ran right up to me and seemed like they wanted to play.

To be honest I've had this happen quite a few times with wild animals...

here's a squirrel that kept following me around the yard and trying to climb up my leg, I grabbed a rag and let it hop up on my lap.

I guess there's something wrong with me lol.

Nah, There's something right with you.
:)

My wife was living in Sheffield England for a short period and while there she was not working or goign to school. Lived with her parents while they were there for work.

She spent a lot of time in the local park and befriended a squirrel. It sought her out every time she went to the park. It would lead her places to show things to her, like it's stashes of seeds and nuts.
She would offer the squirel a nut or something and it would take her to where it had lots, basically telling her, no thanks, i have enough.

It even showed her where it lived, where it had it's harem of ladies and babies. It completely trusted her. It would protect her when other squirrels approached and played and climbed on her when they rested by a tree.

I love hearing her tell the stories. She still has a gift that makes critters feel OK around her. She shot 170+ pictures of a chipmunk the other day when it was happily hanging out with her.

So no, It's a special person that can have nature feel comfortable with them.

I agree with groan, wonderful set of pics and great story!

You really have something about you. My brother has a squirrell by his apartment that hangs out with him when he's outside in the sitting area. I, on the other hand, for some reason or another scare wildlife away. With that gift of yours, you'll be able to get tons of close-up nature shots. I will have to settle for taking photos from afar with their backs turned as they run away. I'm not a hunter nor do I hate animals but they don't seem to trust me much. Cannot wait to see more of your photos.

These babies are so cute but I would have been afraid of something frightening them and their usual and very unpleasant reaction. As cute as they are I would still prefer that skunks not hang around my house.

Jerry

When I was really small, a momma skunk had a litter under my grandmas house. My sisters and me use to crawl under and play with them. Very cute.

Soon you can whisper to lions and tigers! You will be like a superhero who can talk to wild animals like Tarzan 2.0 :)

lol I dont think I'll be testing my luck with lions anytime soon.

Most reactions

Back