newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_DSC2934.jpg

EDIT-i put the story below.

THE STORY:

10 Mo old Hudson sleeps on a bed next to his fathers indentation, and across from his bible in the Marriot hotel in pattaya Thailand. Pattaya is known for its sex tourism industry and is a particularly seedy place.

maybe add this last sentance?

His fathers strong Christian faith endures the trip, and he is unaffected by the nightlife.

but maybe not.

Wow.

:hail:

It's all a bit boring to me to be honest. There is nothing there that really seems that remarkable, the baby isn't even that close to the bible. Then again, I have disdain for the bible, so take my words with a grain or two of salt.

haha, thanks, and trenton-fair enough!

it doesn't strike me as remarkable either, but interesting i guess, the juxtaposition of the child and bible, and the indentation of the gaurdian who is no longer there, but who is both close to the bible and the child.

Yea you can tell by the "gilded" (is that the word) edges on the pages; although it could be any "old" book, but its a pretty good bet that its going to be a bible.

As for the shot - yea a lil on the hoohum side. . .it certainly is a "precious" shot though. . .

its in the caption . . . so yes it is. also, in the high-res version you can see that it says "holy-bible" on it.

but why is that important, i said its the bible?

its in the caption . . . so yes it is. also, in the high-res version you can see that it says "holy-bible" on it.

but why is that important, i said its the bible?

Because it seems to be important part of the meaning of the picture that the baby is sleeping near some special book and so you are telling us its a special book to make certain we 'get' it.

Pictures, not words, are the currency of photography.

Because it seems to be important part of the meaning of the picture that the baby is sleeping near some special book and so you are telling us its a special book to make certain we 'get' it.

Pictures, not words, are the currency of photography.

pho·to·jour·nal·ism –noun 1.journalism in which photography dominates written copy, as in certain magazines. 2.news photography, whether or not for primarily pictorial media, publications, or stories.

pho·to·jour·nal·ism
n. Journalism in which a news story is presented primarily through photographs with supplementary written copy.

i think text is perfectly acceptable within the photojournalism portion of things. thats where this photo is. "baby sleeping near bible"-supplementary text.

pho·to·jour·nal·ism –noun 1.journalism in which photography dominates written copy, as in certain magazines. 2.news photography, whether or not for primarily pictorial media, publications, or stories.

pho·to·jour·nal·ism
n. Journalism in which a news story is presented primarily through photographs with supplementary written copy.

i think text is perfectly acceptable within the photojournalism portion of things. thats where this photo is. "baby sleeping near bible"-supplementary text.

Explain the news that we are supposed to be inferring from this.
What you are telling us here is that we should be getting some special meaning from baby sleeping near the HOLY BIBLE.
Nope.Baby sleeping. Book on bed.
If God had left the book on the bed (and I had seen it happen), maybe then it would mean something.

Sorry, to me this is the equivalent of 'face of Jesus appears on toast.' - meaningful to believers who want to find something that brings day-to-day reality in apposition with their beliefs but irrelevant to non-believers.

hehe, not news, just a feature photo. :)

well here . . . i'm new to journalism, i'll add a little story/caption in the original post

It's pretty good, I would have recognized all the parts your high-lighting - the indentation, the gilded bible, and the sleeping baby. I like how the light falls on the baby's face from the direction of the bible.

Compositionally I would have preferred the baby to be a little closer to the bible.

This would have also done well in the B&W Gallery, or even The Dark Side Gallery.

Good work, keep it going.

Most reactions

Back