Baby+Stuffed Bear=Cute

Fedaykin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my sister's nephew. His mom brought him for a visit, I had my DSLR with me so I decided to take some shots. These were shot around 5 pm in a living room with one wall being a big sliding door, so basically a big sorta diffused light source which made for some decent light. Had to shoot at ISO 400 for some of these to maintain a shutter speed of around 1/100-1/125th if I remember correctly.

C&C is welcome:

4649472330_267ec1fe11_b.jpg

4648862665_01411e128d_b.jpg

4649472336_8dda6258f7_b.jpg

4649472342_476fdcaf9f_b.jpg

4649472364_c000d41974_b.jpg

4649472354_5b7f65b5a8_b.jpg

4648862679_996ba7f057_b.jpg

4648862685_5ea40c0417_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

These shots are really cute... I'm surprised no one has commented! Unfortunately some of them don't have a sharp focus and #6 is a little underexposed. I looove #2, too bad his eyes aren't in focus, but it still makes a wonderful photo and I'm sure a keeper for the parents! Great job! And CUTE baby!

i think your shutter speed is too slow. The first one has a lot of noise, too high of ISO?

These shots are really cute... I'm surprised no one has commented! Unfortunately some of them don't have a sharp focus and #6 is a little underexposed. I looove #2, too bad his eyes aren't in focus, but it still makes a wonderful photo and I'm sure a keeper for the parents! Great job! And CUTE baby!

Thanks, yeah that second one is their favorite. Getting focus right was really hard shooting at 1.8.
i think your shutter speed is too slow. The first one has a lot of noise, too high of ISO?

There was very little light. Had to use a slower shutter speed and high ISO.

Very cute baby, I liked 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8.

You are at home, how hard was it to turn on the lights LOL JK Personally I dont take baby pictures slower than 1/60 sec.

Thanks, yeah that second one is their favorite. Getting focus right was really hard shooting at 1.8.

You are at home, how hard was it to turn on the lights LOL JK Personally I dont take baby pictures slower than 1/60 sec.

It was at 3 pm. There wasn't a light above where he was, only a couple og lights in adjoining rooms.

Actually I believe I didn't shoot slower than 1/80th.

Oh, because of the bad lighting? Try using some reflectors the next time around. It frustrates me, too, because window lighting is usually such nice light, but it never seems to be bright enough.

Oh, because of the bad lighting? Try using some reflectors the next time around. It frustrates me, too, because window lighting is usually such nice light, but it never seems to be bright enough.

That and the nifty fifty sucks at AF in low light, and the Rebel XS's limited AF doesn't help. I still have not purchased any lighting stuff, still starting out in photography.

That and the nifty fifty sucks at AF in low light, and the Rebel XS's limited AF doesn't help. I still have not purchased any lighting stuff, still starting out in photography.

Oh I see. Well you can make reflectors just out of white poster board. I'm sure you could get some for like 3 bucks at the store.

Oh I see. Well you can make reflectors just out of white poster board. I'm sure you could get some for like 3 bucks at the store.

I would have considered it, but it wasn't planned ;)

Very very nice...but i wouldeved preffered more sharpness to put out the face.

i like the pics, very nice. obviously conditions weren't ideal but the shots came out well! i am going to probably doing a shoot like this for a friends 6month old and i like some of these ideas!

Took a few more shots today. I shot mostly at f/2.8 this time and bumped up the ISO to 800 to be able to use said f stop and a higher shutter speed than last time. Also opened up the curtain from the screen door to let in more light.

These are the best ones that came out. Would like some feedback, are these better sharpness wise? How about the exposure? I was trying to expose to the right to eliminate as much noise in camera as possible. Need to get some noise removal software too, anyone know of a good one on Linux?

4690323742_450a39e685_b.jpg

4690323748_f1733c4d15_b.jpg

4690323754_609a0d341b_b.jpg

4690323758_2fa8659529_b.jpg

The 2nd set is much sharper. I like them....you did a good job capturing the baby's personality and emotions.

Most reactions

Back