Baby Toad

You maybe back or front focusing requiring a calibration and micro adjustment for that lens. One thing you can try is using CDAF. I am not familiar with Nikons but from what I read is if you put it in Live View it will use CDAF. CDAF will give you perfect focus, it never requires micro adjustment. So to test the lens put the camera in Live View and see if your image is sharp in focus. If it is then most likely you require micro adjustment. If not then there may be an issue with the lens or camera/adapter/lens combo.

I believe this is the case, thank you! Its sharp both in live view and just my viewfinder, but blurry somewhat if I were to only use my viewfinder. I'll try adjusting it sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Actually take a shot in live view and check the resulting image. Not how it looks in the viewfinder. If the image is still out of focus taking it in live view then there is some other issue.

You maybe back or front focusing requiring a calibration and micro adjustment for that lens. One thing you can try is using CDAF. I am not familiar with Nikons but from what I read is if you put it in Live View it will use CDAF. CDAF will give you perfect focus, it never requires micro adjustment. So to test the lens put the camera in Live View and see if your image is sharp in focus. If it is then most likely you require micro adjustment. If not then there may be an issue with the lens or camera/adapter/lens combo.

I believe this is the case, thank you! Its sharp both in live view and just my viewfinder, but blurry somewhat if I were to only use my viewfinder. I'll try adjusting it sometime soon.

Actually take a shot in live view and check the resulting image. Not how it looks in the viewfinder. If the image is still out of focus taking it in live view then there is some other issue.

I apologize if I wasn't clear- I did take a shot that way and as far as I can tell it worked. I haven't had the opportunity to blow it up on my computer yet though.

Most reactions

Back