Back from the Road Trip - More from Oregon

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I"ve just returned from Heaven .... !!
Checking out the Sunset at Gold Beach, and these critters flew by ... and - I'm just too tired right now to straighten the horizon.. I'll do it later...
4802189656_bcb1a028f3_b.jpg

The drive from Eugene to Florence is incredible !! Well, only if you like rain forests, ferns, ancient lava flows and deer all over the place....

4803156631_f7e9e90690_b.jpg

This one just caught me a little off guard..... Just didn't expect to see a large boat sticking out of the side of an abandoned shed....

4803151405_35ecf525fe_b.jpg

Yes, the last two were processed using the "Orton" process... Only because I thought I liked this treatment better then the original - and - they're my pictures ... :D

I have more, and will put them up right after a good nap ....

Oh, and some rather nice news......... My first night in the motel in Florence, I was putting some shots up on my Flickr account .... within a couple of hours, I rec'd an Email from an Oregon Coast OnLine Magazine that wanted to put some of my pic's on their Webpage... Of course I said yes, and they're up the next day...

The Insiders Guide to the Oregon Coast

Scroll down for "Oregon Coast Vacation Photos - Rick Otto" .... part 2 is up, and you can see part 1 from a link down the page a little... Was a nice treat !!
R

#1 - nothing is in focus. crooked horizon.
#2 - i am undecided about this one.
#3 - overprocessed

1- this would've been great if you used a tripod. The horizon isn't straight and I'm sure camera shake is responsible for the blurry birds and beach
2- I like this, but I feel like the foreground ought to be more exposed.
3- like rusty said, it's a bit too overprocessed.

Very nice photo's I was gonna be like why didn't you have them pay you for the photos but then when I went to the site i saw there was a pay pal thing to donate to help promote the oregon coast so I understood why you didn't try and charge them for the photo's. They are very beautiful. Makes me want to go to oregon now...

Personally, I think 2 is the best. I really like the lighting and composition on this one.

These are great pictures. I'd be happy with them.
3's really nice because it looks more like a painting, the way colors are. Did you edit it at all?
1 is a very nice pic but as people stated, it's just a little off and is pretty blurry but other than that, composition is perfect IMO (But what do I know? I'm just a 160 pound noobie)
2. Other than being a little too green for my eyes, the picture is perfect. The shadows are great! Not all pictures have to be lit all the way around to have a great effect. One thing that would make this pic extra cool would be rays from sun!

2 is the best but 2 and 3 are both overprocessed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back