Back to school at 53

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Now that I'm semi retired I enrolled as a full time student at the community college to study cabinet making. I'm the oldest student on campus. When I get home after class our 6 year old who is in grade one tells me to do my homework before TV. This is fun.

When I get home after class our 6 year old who is in grade one tells me to do my homework before TV. This is fun.

:lmao: That is fun!

You know, one is never too old to learn new things. Kudos and good for you for doing it! Cabinet making is such an art, I admire your patience in learning it. As a pro violinist, I gotta tell you that the famous Italian violin maker Stradivarius started as a fine cabinet maker.

You'll have to show us something you made in the near future. ;)

that's awesome, man. I actually think it's neat that in my photography nightschool (which I take on top of full-time classes) there are a few retired people. It's cool to get a different point of view on things. I'm sure you get along just great even if you are the oldest one.

It's never too late to learn something.

Congrats, Patrice. That's a great skill to have...very portable, very much in demand.

Congrats! I hope it goes well for you. Not only are you never to old to learn, but you're setting a great example for your child.

Have fun! :)

That is wonderful! Best of luck in your studies :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back