Back to school

newbobolix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, 24 years later I decided to go back to the books...I would like to call it my 2nd "photography" life :D
I'm 44, I live in Venice - Italy and about 28 years ago I started as "shadow" (I hope that my italian tranlation make sense in english) photographer and darkroom boy in a studio here in Venice...after 2-3 years the pro pthographer changed location as I did for the university...life changed, I sold my old olympus OM-1 equipment and basically stopped taking photos...to make it short, 2011 birthday present of my wife: Nikon D90 :heart: with 18-105 kit...after playing one year with it, I decided to go a little deeper and go back to school. Time is not so much (work, family, 2 daughters) but I'm really enjoing passing my free time watching LR lessons on the internet and learning PP methods (quite different and much easier than old darkroom times); I shot RAW and use LR 4 to PP.
I would like to order a couple of books to start back with exposure and composition, as my eyes are "very different" today (I'm no more 16) and I think that even if I can easily master the basics (the exposure triangle), I also understand that technicaly things changed (especially with ISO) and a couple of readings will refresh my tech background.

I'm considering Understanding Exposure (Peterson), Perfect Exposure (Michael Freema) but if you have different suggestions I'll be glad to hear from you...

I also have a flickr account (with just one photo at the moment as I never considered to show my pics outside the 4 domestic wall) and I think that I have to start taking unfriendly but helpful comments to my pics

Thank you all
Roberto

Last edited:
Welcome back to the addiction and to TPF Roberto - looking forward to seeing some of your work!

thank you :)
I hope that my english will be better than my pics :)

I just finished reading Understanding Exposure by Peterson and it was a great read and very informative, I would definitely suggest it.

Hi .. Glad to know I'm not the only one getting back into the game and needing to refresh and learn digital. Lynda.com offers courses that have been very helpful. I was gifted a months subscription .. I probably will buy another month. Check it out. I also read Peterson's book and watch his videos on you-tube, enjoy both. You have amazing shots waiting for you to capture where you live, looking forward to seeing some!

Most reactions

Back