Back to waterfall (nsfw)

aoposton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I haven't shot many locations twice but it was nice. My fascination with the water was under control allowing me to focus on other things.

Last edited:
My .02 and not really knowing your intent I'll assume this is a glam shoot.

#1 That reflected light from below casts terrible harsh shadow and is what is referred to as "monster" lighting for that reason. Try to keep the main light source up ~45* over your subject when beauty is the target.

#2 I think I can appreciate the concept but she's not a big enough part of the frame. Perhaps if we had a good 50% profile it might've worked better for me.

#3 Pretty good! You've shot in landscape orientation and for this shot, I might've as well. She is facing out the smaller 1/3 of the shot creating some imbalance. Check that? I try to visualize my frame and subject placement, it's a complicated process. Last, that pink is so damn hot. On one hand it creates a ton of separation but with the desaturated background you might think about turning it down a tad.

My .02 and not really knowing your intent I'll assume this is a glam shoot.
Its all good, i just grabbed 3 images and posted. Thinking about them, they are all grab shots and last one is from mirrorless adapted minolta lens test shots. And yes, this one one missed it I cranked the reds down quite a bit for that swimsuit.

Random info, she has a 1 month old daughter.

Perhaps I'll add a couple more.

Pretty much agree with Treverit. Lighting in the first shot is way to harsh. For the venue, I'd look for something softer. Get a scrim up. Have a portable soft box. Change the angle of the light. For #3, I'd go portrait mode (and cut out the clump of grass on the side which I find distracting)...that would fit her standing and the flow of the water.

But lovely model, lovely surroundings, you've got some good ideas here. Do post more.

Interesting you bring up the harshness of the 1st shot in the Op. Had the silver side of reflector for that shot. Switched to white very soon after.
I was holding it this time, braced on a wall.
DSC_5799

DSC09013

DSC_5803

She was 1 month postpartum??? She is incredible! :icon_eek: Congratulations to the lady both on her daughter and on the way she has her figure back so quickly.

Most reactions

Back