Back!!!!

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No so much of an introduction as a re-introduction.

Been a rather dramatic and traumatic few months since I was last on. Three family deaths (two elderly and one aged 28), a friends death on top of that too. Family health issues, heart attacks, pneumonia, kidney disease and my mum is currently in hospital having had a stroke last week (she's 87 with dementia so she won't be going home). Family breakups, assaults, cops involved, court cases etc etc. Life certainly ain't been dull, a right bloody soap opera . Not looking for sympathy, just blowing off a bit of steam.😁

As you can imagine, I've not really had much time to do a lot of photography. On a brighter note tho I stood myself some new kit. Gone mirrorless with the Canon R6 and the 800mm f/11. It's a brilliant combo so far and I haven't even used any of my L glass with the body yet. I still have my 5Dsr which I'll continue to use but I think I'll move on my 1D MK IV at some point.

Anyhow, that's enough of me prattling on. For better or worse, I'm back and about to bore you all with the pics I have take with my new set up.

Howdy and welcome back! Is the soap on Netflix or Amazon? Hope things will be a bit calmer for you now. You are getting some lovely shots with that R6 and new lens!

Howdy and welcome back! Is the soap on Netflix or Amazon? Hope things will be a bit calmer for you now. You are getting some lovely shots with that R6 and new lens!
Thanks Jeff.

The main concern now is me mum but that's out of our hands. Obviously the deaths take a bit of getting used to particularly the 28 year old (my cousins son) fit as a fiddle, no drink or drugs, international cyclist and died in his sleep.

We plug on the best we can I suppose.

Thanks Jeff.

The main concern now is me mum but that's out of our hands. Obviously the deaths take a bit of getting used to particularly the 28 year old (my cousins son) fit as a fiddle, no drink or drugs, international cyclist and died in his sleep.

We plug on the best we can I suppose.
I've lost both my parents over the past few years, and it isn't easy. I sat with my mom in hospice, which was a challenge. Yes, we do the best and carry on.

Welcome back mate, sounds like it's been a pretty tough time for you lately!
Thanks Pete. Aye, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster for sure.

Wow, you've had a rough time of it. Hope it's mostly over. When life gets tough for me, I pick up a guitar or go out with a camera. They are anchor points in my life. Sounds like you've got the perfect rig for wildlife / birding. Have you got a good place to shoot?

Wow, you've had a rough time of it. Hope it's mostly over. When life gets tough for me, I pick up a guitar or go out with a camera. They are anchor points in my life. Sounds like you've got the perfect rig for wildlife / birding. Have you got a good place to shoot?
Thanks Strodav.

I'm in Scotland so there's plenty of places both near and far to shoot wildlife.

Thanks Strodav.

I'm in Scotland so there's plenty of places both near and far to shoot wildlife.
I'm a fan of of the Youtube channel, Photography Online, which is shot by a group of landscape / wildlife photographers out of Skye Island. Amazingly beautiful place. I would really like to take one of their workshops.

I'm a fan of of the Youtube channel, Photography Online, which is shot by a group of landscape / wildlife photographers out of Skye Island. Amazingly beautiful place. I would really like to take one of their workshops.
Yeah, Sky, the Hebrides and the west coast are awesomely beautiful. I'm more to the east but not far from the Highlands, Grampians and Cairngorms. All within a wee drive. The coast here is great too. The North Sea can be pretty unforgiving but spectacular.

Like the old saying when it rains it pours. Sorry for all the troubles. I traded in for an R6 last fall and very happy. I got the convertor to use my lenses from the 5D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back