backgroup and image

Lee_Maryland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Currently, I am volunteering at a local church for an annual event. We are having a photo shoot, and the theme is fair or carnival. I was going to buy a themed backdrop and a holder but it cost too much. So, I was thinking to use Photoshop and add the background myself in the production. But I don’t have any good picture o use as a background picture, so I am wondering if anyone here has one we can use? Or maybe a better way to do this will be helpful as well.

Then do I get the background onto that paper? print it on there?

Why not just get a 107" wide, by 12 yard roll of Savage brand, #27 Thunder Gray, seamless paper for $40; Savage 107" x 12yds Seamless Background Paper 27-12 B&H

I think what he wants Keith, is a background which has a fair/carnival scene on it.

If I understand your requirments, then yes, if you had a scene any monochrome background would make it easier to "add" the background in. Is there anything you can rent in your area?

You mean rent the backdrop with a theme on it? Yeah, I have look into that option but nothing available locally. So I was thinking about a image to add onto the photo using photoshop, but I can't find one...:lmao:

I would like to use the background paper, and I can get one locally but it cost too much to have it printed.

Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStockphoto.com

You use Photoshop to replace the gray background with a Carnival image, but you will need to be careful about lighting the seamless paper to make it easy to select.

Unfortunately, you will have to utilize your Photoshop editing time, since there is insufficient money for a proper, themed backdrop. Consider that with a themed, painted backdrop, you will still have to learn how to, and have the gear to light the backdrop.

Last edited:
where would you go to get a painted back drop, Keith? my local shop said, they will have to send it out and it will cost at least 1000 dollars

Instead of a painted, I'd recommend checking out printed photography backdrops, so that it looks realistic and artistically modern. Check out this website. Since you're in Maryland, you'll probably get a discount and/or free shipping.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back