Backyard birding

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The past 2 morning have been really crappy. Decided to play around in the back yard.. Some pretty high ISO on some of these... Comments welcome, thanks for looking...

Tufted Titmouse 10_23 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Blue Jay Portrait High ISO 10_22 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Male Cardinal 10_23 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Carolina Wren 10_23 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Female Cardinal High ISO Test 10_22 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Carolina wren for me. I think it's the attitude.

I was thinking the same thing about the WB. I really like the portrait of the Blue jay though. I actually quite like all of them except for the wren. I think it's because there is no light in its eye.
Been meaning to ask you what you think of the BB? I may have missed your review on it.

Lol, I was feeling blue from the weather so I left it that way.. :) I guess I should fix it.. I don't use the BB very often Shef... It's OK, I just like natural light better.. These were all natural crappy lighting..

Lol, I was feeling blue from the weather so I left it that way.. :) I guess I should fix it.. I don't use the BB very often Shef... It's OK, I just like natural light better.. These were all natural crappy lighting..
I'm guessing it's too cumbersome? Or is it all just about the natural light?

Kris, great shots and yup the Bluejay is a little, well...blue. You must have an interesting backyard as all I seem to get in mine are crows and magpies, not exactly the most photogenic of birds. I think I like the male Cardinal best of the lot.

WesternGuy

Saw the sort of magenta/blue hue to the first two. The last two I think are really crying out for vignette effect to constrain the picture and focus attention to the center; the edges of those two frames are unusually brighter than the centers. I was super-bumbed here yesterday....17 hours of rain in a row.... f/4 at 1/100 second at ISO 640 at NOON!!!!!!! Uuugh!

I'm guessing it's too cumbersome? Or is it all just about the natural light?
Since I don't use a pod, I find it cumbersome. I at least keep it in my car now, lol. Has been sitting in my computer room for a few months.
I have a BB. Bought it several years ago at the advice of a former TPFer. I love what it can sometimes provide but I find I hardly ever bother to carry it with me.
Agredd..
Kris, great shots and yup the Bluejay is a little, well...blue. You must have an interesting backyard as all I seem to get in mine are crows and magpies, not exactly the most photogenic of birds. I think I like the male Cardinal best of the lot.
Thank you WG!
Saw the sort of magenta/blue hue to the first two. The last two I think are really crying out for vignette effect to constrain the picture and focus attention to the center; the edges of those two frames are unusually brighter than the centers. I was super-bumbed here yesterday....17 hours of rain in a row.... f/4 at 1/100 second at ISO 640 at NOON!!!!!!! Uuugh!
I think the Tufted Titmouse was pretty good for WB. I adjusted the WB in Aviary on Flickr, maybe it looks better now? I almost always use spot metering these days, keep the bird exposed and let whatever happen to the FG/BG...
these are quite nice.
Nice set of shots. The Jay does have a blue cast overall. Like the Tufty.

Thank you all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back